Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals

The mental side of all of this - and family.

Let me preface with this: Mostly this is just me putting into words the thoughts I have in my head. I'm absolutely positive every single person here has experienced what I'm about to write about.

Tuesday night I struggled. Tremendously. I'll admit, I'm a bit more emotional than a lot of men I know and I think it's mainly because I can never seem to get out of my own head. Tuesday was a very tough day of rolling for me. It wasn't a win/loss thing. I don't think I tapped any more than normal when rolling with the people I was rolling with. It was something else. A mental block. A mental struggle. I left Tuesday doubting everything I thought I was as a Jiu Jitsu practitioner. Wednesday is my family day so no JJ but I could not stop thinking about it. Thursday I tried everything in my power to find an excuse not to train. But that little voice in my head, the one that screams at me when I feel like tapping because I'm tired, the one that screams at me when I feel like ordering a 3 piece fried chicken instead of a grilled chicken salad - that voice... it made the final decision for me and I got in my car, drove the 45 minutes, and went to class.

IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I COULD HAVE MADE.

Being around teammates, and getting over these mental hurdles together, makes this journey so special. Knowing that every guy on the mat (with time under their belts) has gone through it makes our bond stronger. We talk all the time about 10th Planet family. Emphasis on the word family. But in this case, I genuinely look at these guys as family.

Brandon Mccaghren has created an environment that is conducive to learning and also welcoming. He demands an atmosphere of love and respect in his gym and I am so so thankful I have him to guide me along in this journey.

I will be 10P4Life. Not entirely because of the "system" but also because I have never been part of an organization that truly cares about their fellow practitioners the way 10P does.

We really are family and I'm grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I love you
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise

Array

School
    Ronin
    Never met the guy and he doesn't know me, but Brandon changed my game for life.

I struggled in mount for years, but after watching his Youtube videos I have gone from having nothing to it being my favourite position. I envy you getting to train with him

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Never met the guy and he doesn't know me, but Brandon changed my game for life.

I struggled in mount for years, but after watching his Youtube videos I have gone from having nothing to it being my favourite position. I envy you getting to train with him
    That's awesome!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Man, I also think Brandon is awesome. I don't even know him either. However him, along with several dozens of you warriors have shown me love and a great perspective on jiu jitsu and learning jiujitsu...Not to mention that I haven't made it through half of the youtube vids put out by these guys. You won't get that from regular instructors man...
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    In my mind
    Brandon's clearly the sexiest southern man in britches. Bobby is a close runner up but only in long johns. Apples n oranges :-)

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Yeah this is the friendliest forum I've used. It's also full of quality information and funny shit. The quality and funny are obviously a reflection of the users' input, so thanks for being good people and doing what you do.

hey there
    i just wanted to say i can really Identify with you,
    this is a nice insperatoinal video i recently bummped into with alot of sincerity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast