Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport

The Happy Meal Combo

Alright my friends the Kimura Sandwich wasn't in depth enough, but my brain couldn't let it go.

Here is the NEW video based on the move that ties right into the system.

Kimura-Kimura Sandwich-Extra Delicious-Knee Bar on Top-Sloppy Taco- Vaporizer

Thoughts?
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    LBK
    No need for a toy after that meal

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Why do I feel like you're having way too much fun with the naming process?

Array

School
    RMNU
    Very cool. Can't wait to try this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Im curious if you have actually done these moves to anybody in a live situation? Most everybody who is posting videos has been able to implement their techniquesat least in live sparring, take Big Red he has proven technique through ADCC qualifiers. Brian Debes has video of him submitting people on his way to being the number 1 ranked NAGA nogi competitor.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i dont see it working sorry. you say that when you are leaning back after getting the kimura sandwich hold that if he kicks his leg out you can stop leaning back and then swing your leg over into mount and get him with the kimura before he is ready to defend again? i can see an absolute beginner get caught in this possibly but i dont see a how it would work against most guys.

secondly, the size difference has to play a roll, if youre rolling with someone in your own weight class, i dont see how one arm with a loose looking grip can control a leg. even adding in the fact youre leaning back and therefore using your back muscles. thats one hell of a fight right there. especially when he is already going to be trying to go the other way to defend the kimura.

and then you had side mount but you give side mount with a submission attempt up for top half?

i also think that your kneebar allows for a pretty easy kick over which could put your opponent into a bad north south position with you on the bottum. all he has to do is swim move and kick his leg out and it at least causes a scramble and means you almost definitely lose the sub. thats why i always try controlling the other leg as well.

i want to see cool stuff like this be able to work but atm at least until legit comp vids are put up, im gunna stay very sceptical here.

good luck with it all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    You silly cunts, just try it.
    I never said it was going to win you NAGA. Don't be so closed minded as to disregard it completely. Give it a few reps. I have got 2 taps using the kimura sandwich in practice. This hasn't been attempted in competition because it was just developed this week.

Jiu jitsu has infinite moves and holds and combinations. This is just a branch of a branch of a branch that leads back to a larger branch called the Vaporizer.

Yes, we have fun with the names too.

"I don't see it working sorry." <---That's not the best approach to learning jiu jitsu.

I think that you should instead take all the access to information you can and implement into your game what works for you.
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    submitting people with moves called "extra delicious" and "sloppy taco" sounds awfully scrumptious
    I don't know if I'd be strong enough to pin their arm behind their back with just one of mine but I want to try these out just for the novelty of it hahaha

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Thats what I mean, these other videos have been tested and proven. You are trying to create a series off of something you have done twice successfully. Whether it will be the next berimbolo I dont know, but you need to have landed this more on resisting opponents before you make up flows that may or may not be available to create a video series around.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Wallner View Post
    You silly cunts, just try it.
    I never said it was going to win you NAGA. Don't be so closed minded as to disregard it completely. Give it a few reps. I have got 2 taps using the kimura sandwich in practice. This hasn't been attempted in competition because it was just developed this week.

Jiu jitsu has infinite moves and holds and combinations. This is just a branch of a branch of a branch that leads back to a larger branch called the Vaporizer.

Yes, we have fun with the names too.

"I don't see it working sorry." <---That's not the best approach to learning jiu jitsu.

I think that you should instead take all the access to information you can and implement into your game what works for you.
    Whether or not it works, I'm gonna try it. If it fails for me on multiple occasions that's when I may discard it. But there are some principles in this that I do like. It does seem excessive in some parts but, fuck it. I'll run it til it fails.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast