Thread: Kimura Sandwich

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport

Kimura Sandwich

Any thoughts on this?

I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    NWMA/Team Megaton Eugene
    Are you getting taps consistently with this submission?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I have a hard time swallowing the idea 1 arm vs. 2 legs, hips and core strength to "scoop" them up. Why wouldn't you just block the hip with your left hand and go north/south and completely avoid having to deal with the strongest part of the body to finish the Kimura? Seems like a huge battle if your opponent fights the "scoop", especially if they are your size or larger.

Also just as a technicality that is not Twister Side Control. TSC requires your ass/hips up on the chest, not the floor, with pressure on his jaw, with your left leg up for base and balance.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    maybe this would be a better way to transition into mount. I dont see many higher level bjj player getting hit with this. But hey I could be wrong reps it a couple of thousand times and hit it on guys at naga expect divison.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    p.s. props to you for having the balls to make a video on a new tech.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i agree with coach zog but maybe if you get the rocking motion going you could use the room to get your legs under the back and get into truck?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    We made the video after I got it on one of my teammates. Scooping the leg would be difficult perhaps if you faked the guard pass and the bottom guy raised his leg to block then you could scoop it and go back.

The position was Twister side originally I think but then my leg was down when I grabbed the leg also adjust your feet down to get more of a push to bring the bottom guy back. I think it might work to actually try to flip the guy completely backwards and if his shoulder doesn't explode then it would open a whole new series.

I'll try to master it now that I made a video I will make sure to get it in competition! Expect that!
    Last edited by Nathan Wallner; 05-16-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Wallner View Post
    We made the video after I got it on one of my teammates. Scooping the leg would be difficult perhaps if you faked the guard pass and the bottom guy raised his leg to block then you could scoop it and go back.

The position was Twister side originally I think but then my leg was down when I grabbed the leg also adjust your feet down to get more of a push to bring the bottom guy back. I think it might work to actually try to flip the guy completely backwards and if his shoulder doesn't explode then it would open a whole new series.

I'll try to master it now that I made a video I will make sure to get it in competition! Expect that!
    Why would you fake pass if you're all ready in side control? Maybe if you threating with a knee slide to mount he'll "lean on the door" and you could take the leg then.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 05-16-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Hhmm interesting
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13