Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Quote Originally Posted by marc luu View Post
    yes, i have one when someone is side mounting me. stole it from keith owen. i'll post the vid soon.

Array

School
    New Breed MMA academy
    Great Video!!!!!! I'm adding this to my game fosho thanks you

Array

School
    cobra kai
    There's another one that I stole from Javier Vasquez when being side mounted as well when they have you on scarf hold, it's called the vasque-fix, very smooth move. I'll post that video soon as well.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I absolutely love taking ankles from being arm barred. Once you get your elbow safe, their leg is on the wrong side of your body and you can sit back for a straight ankle or heel hook

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I absolutely love taking ankles from being arm barred. Once you get your elbow safe, their leg is on the wrong side of your body and you can sit back for a straight ankle or heel hook
    Totally forgot about this counter. Do you have any videos that would be good to watch on this one?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I don't have any videos. Its pretty intuitive once you start looking for it. You stack them, get your elbow out, then when you turn the corner to take side control you just catch the ankle. It also works if you are ripping out of an omoplata.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Ginger snap err day! I've been purposefully playing bottom side for a few months now just to work on it. Even been pulling the position in tournaments just to hit it. They never see it coming

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    Ginger snap err day! I've been purposefully playing bottom side for a few months now just to work on it. Even been pulling the position in tournaments just to hit it. They never see it coming
    What's the ginger snap? Never heard of it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    What's the ginger snap? Never heard of it.

This was the tournament where I tried to win every match with the ginger snap. Made it to the finals but then had to face a teammate so I couldn't convince him into taking top side lol. The only part missing on this video is when I pull the trapped arm towards myself.. But you get the idea. (Also listen close at 0:23 and you hear a teammate remind me to hit the ginger snap when it looks like I'm going to start playing my rubber guard. Lol)

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

This one he straightened his arm to defend so it ended up a ginger snap/arm bar.. But the angles better.. Id rather his arm bend like a kimura and pull it.. But this works too

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast