Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym

My matches from CCMAF submission only invitational!

This wasn't my best performance at a competition ever but I learned a lot and got to hang out with some great people including the 10th Planet Indy and Chicago crews!

My first match at lightweight against Kyle Kemp!
    I froze up and just couldn't get him out of mount, he was attacking with a nogi Ezekiel choke the whole time and it had me really worried!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my second match at lightweight against a 17 year old named William! He was tough and survived a tight D'arce/JNT combo!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my third match at lightweight against my friend and teammate Scott Millburg! I have a lot more mat time than Scott but he is improving exponentially! It's never fun having to compete against teammates!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my last match at lightweight and my second of the day against Kyle Kemp! This was for 2nd and 3rd place at lightweight! Kyle is super tough and shares a similar BJJ background with me considering that he began training at a 10th PJJ gym then began training in the gi later on!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my first match in the absolute division against 10th Planet Chicago's Alex Kim! Alex ran through me and finished me off with one of the tightest N/S chokes that I have ever been put in!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my second match at absolute against 10th Planet Chicago's Matt Spica! I got lucky and caught one of my favorite choke combos, the Marcellotine to the ninja choke!

I lost my next and final match in the absolute division against my teammate Bradley Maddox! I wish we would have got it on tape but we did not, it was a fun match that he eventually won via mounted triangle/armbar! All in all it was a great day and 10th Planet Indy head instructor, Jay Watkins, put on one helluva tournament! My teammates and I are looking forward to many more! Thanks for all your hard work Jay!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    No comments or criticism? Any tips would be appreciated!

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everyone is in awe because you made the last MTS, bro!! Again, great job this weekend! Glad everyone had a good time!!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywatkins67 View Post
    Everyone is in awe because you made the last MTS, bro!! Again, great job this weekend! Glad everyone had a good time!!
    Hahaha I'm still in awe too! Thanks for putting together a fantastic competition! Can't wait for the next one!

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    This wasn't my best performance at a competition ever but I learned a lot and got to hang out with some great people including the 10th Planet Indy and Chicago crews!

My first match at lightweight against Kyle Kemp!
    I froze up and just couldn't get him out of mount, he was attacking with a nogi Ezekiel choke the whole time and it had me really worried!
    Hey Logan!

No worries man. This guy was really good. But hey, that's how you learn, going against dudes like this.

No gi ezekiels can be a bitch. Actually, its surpising to me that people dont use it more often to set other stuff up. To defend that I'd say try to bridge hard to the side of the arm behind your head (and i realize he was grapevining really good). The point is to make them base out and give you some space back. Also, something that i like to do when people are trying to pull my head or squeeze (e.g. can openers) is i try pulling them right back. Its something that they dont expect and it could give you a window for them to ease up. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast