Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twister issues

Array

School
    Trials MMA

Twister issues

Today I put a twister on a guy at our gym. I felt like I had everything perfect, lockdown stretched out, tight s-grip on the top of head, felt perfect but he didn't tap. Even went defcon on him and he still didn't tap, though I could hear him grunt in pain. Eventually the round ended. My only guess as to why he didn't tap was because he is WAY taller and lanky-er than me. Is that a common with tall, lanky, flexible dudes?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I've had issues once in a while when the person is either much taller then me (say 6'0" or more, I'm 5'9") or much heavier (like 225lbs or more, I'm 160lbs). He may also have been just playing hero and not wanting to tap, let alone to the twister. Sometimes when I think the person is just playing tough guy I'll let go and go to something else, I'd rather not risk actually hurting them even if it was on their accord.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Do everything the same way. Now lift your hip.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Do everything the same way. Now lift your hip.
    Game changer.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    Today I put a twister on a guy at our gym. I felt like I had everything perfect, lockdown stretched out, tight s-grip on the top of head, felt perfect but he didn't tap. Even went defcon on him and he still didn't tap, though I could hear him grunt in pain. Eventually the round ended. My only guess as to why he didn't tap was because he is WAY taller and lanky-er than me. Is that a common with tall, lanky, flexible dudes?
    + 1 to lift the hip. Always try to use as much of you body as possible.

Also, i suggest watching the latest MTS for the newest tweaks. Try finishing it from a high triangle, vs a streched lockdown

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post

Also, i suggest watching the latest MTS for the newest tweaks. Try finishing it from a high triangle, vs a streched lockdown
    Yup. Also, the lotus is key to preventing a good guy from threading that leg in and escaping...

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Thanks for the tip about lifting the hip...never thought about that. I've been looking at the new tweaks as well but I didn't need to use them in this case. He guy did the thing where he basically gives you the twister when he tries to come up and grab your head. Does having your legs in loutus add or take away from the pressure or is it just to prevent the dude from escaping. I wasn't worried about the dude escaping because I don't think he had a clue what was going on. I feel like having a stretched lockdown adds way more pressure. Yes/no?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post

+1 those details in the MTS are a game changer.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    Thanks for the tip about lifting the hip...never thought about that. I've been looking at the new tweaks as well but I didn't need to use them in this case. He guy did the thing where he basically gives you the twister when he tries to come up and grab your head. Does having your legs in loutus add or take away from the pressure or is it just to prevent the dude from escaping. I wasn't worried about the dude escaping because I don't think he had a clue what was going on. I feel like having a stretched lockdown adds way more pressure. Yes/no?
    That high triangle after the lotus is much tighter. The twister takes next to zero effort at that point.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    That high triangle after the lotus is much tighter. The twister takes next to zero effort at that point.
    Yup.. This exactly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast