Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you soft?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield

Are you soft?

I found out today that if you only compete in grappling tournaments and dont fight mma, that makes you soft because you cant take being hit in the face. I'm just curious what others thoughts are on the subject. I did have a fight against a much more experienced opponent so I guess Im not soft, but whats your opinion?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    That's fucking retarded.
    I can take getting hit in the face, I just don't like it.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    So spending hours on a mat learning/mastering how to strangle people, break bones, and permanently disable people is soft??
    Being PROficient where all fights end up is soft??
    controlling/disabling an opponent without drawing blood is soft?
    Mastering how to control the above and teach it to others so that even a 7 year old can do it is soft???
    Competing in the OLDEST form of combat sport in existence is soft??

FOr one, I don't think one has to do with another (Grappling tourneys and MMA) but for second...

Idk man, i can't agree with whoever said this.. I have been a striker for significantly longer than I have been into grappling. Anybody can throw punches and kicks and EVERYBODY can take getting hit after a few weeks, but even Bruce Lee got whooped on the ground. Most of those, "I'm sorry I suck, I'm just used to getting hit in the face while I grapple" guys, are the soft ones.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q
    HAHAHAHA.......does street fighting count if you have done that in the past.....if so I'm not soft...lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    id be asking them, where they got their drugs from and how much it costs! thats the boxer mentality that royce gracie fought through 21 years ago and thats where the argument should have stopped. being soft isnt based on you doing jiu jitsu or mma. at best you could say its an opinion of someone that hasnt got enough knowledge of either sport.

first off, id point out that lots of people who have no problem being knocked out wet themselves like little girlies (sorry to little girlies reading this) when they get choked, and vice versa for people who dont get hit. so describing whats soft is way harder than figuring out if someone does jits or mma. and in fact, there are lots of people in mma who are scared of getting hit in the face as well. its just they were stupid enough to get into the cage before getting over it.

aristotle talks about virtue ethics, and he says that being brave is in the middle of being a coward and being an idiot. (not exact wording)

i dont think this person really thought what they were saying through at all. probably just a bigoted sheep who wants to make themself feel less inssecure and one up you by insulting what you do and praising what they do.

and sorry, do they realise the list of people who they have to include. for example, cyborg? keenan cornelius, eddie? lol im not saying mma fighters are or arnt soft but this person is batshit crazy if they think they can call everyone who does jiu jitsu and not mma soft.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I'm the biggest pussy I know.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I have to agree with Mike. I can absolutely tell a difference in my cardio, aggression, toughness, and pain tolerance when I'm training striking versus when I'm not. Training striking and mma just makes me an overall harder person both physically and mentally. I actually just started going to striking class after a long lay off and that shit hurts. I can roll round after round but I'm gassed after 2-3 rounds of sparring, bagwork, or pads. I don't know if this is more psychological but I know its true in my case.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I would link the facebook post but its privacy is set to friends only. I got called out because I said I would only fight again if I was a felon and couldn't get a real job. My comment was misinterpreted to be me saying all fighters are felons or dont have real jobs. I assumed they understood I was being sarcastic when I answered yes. Then a fighter gets tagged like Im calling that person out and he went on about all you softies not getting punched.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Ahhh, good ol' facebook drama....

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast