Thread: Update on Cora

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Update on Cora

So just to let the family know, we have moved out of Cora's old gym and into a new gym. It was about time for us to make the transition. No bad feelings or anything behind the move, it was just for us to go on forward with what we love and keeping her best interest in mind. We are now with Coach Eddie Avelar of Ground Dwellers. I can't say enough about this man. He is a perfect fit for her. They both play the same style, combining 10thplanet jiu jitsu with that of traditional gi techniques. Also she has a lot more kids her size to work with and a whole lot more sparring time. I also love the way Coach Eddie approach to jiu jitsu and his open mindedness. Some of you on here may have already know him so I don't have to tell you all of this. I haven't been this happy going to the gym in a long time. What I also like the most is that Coach Eddie roll with Cora and know her game and is able to guide her the proper way, using the names of the moves that I have taught her. So he and I are 100% on the same page when it comes to her training. Its no longer a tug of war struggle between traditional vs 10thplanet. Coach Eddie actually give me the respect that I do know what I am talking about when it comes to jiu jitsu and we bounce ideas off each other. I'm just so happy that we made this transition and great things are coming. If anyone of you ever in the Houston area and looking for a 10thplanet friendly gym to roll in, hit us up at Ground Dwellers.

Array

School
    Coach Eddie Avelar and Cora at a boot camp in honor of Memorial Day.

Array

School
    Kids (sim) Kimonos at 10thplanet Beaumont with Brian Debes and Scott Ray.

Array

School
    Cora teaching rubber guard at Ground Dwellers.

Array

School
    Its kind of funny how things work out. Who would have known that Cora has 2 mentors name Eddie and both are from the Machado family...

Array

School
    Lookin'
    I'm genuinely happy for you both.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Eddie Avelar has always been super cool to me and we rolled and exchanged techniques at the end of his last kids sim kimono thing down here. The fact that he would ask me questions about things after training in the art for so long himself shows a TON of open mindedness!!! The kids from his gym also show ALOT of talent. I'm mainly just happy your both happy though Keep training! I can't emphasize enough how important it is that it stays fun for everybody!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I'm also really excited that your at a gym that is cool with you visiting/cross training with us whenever you want! I hope to see you around more now

Array

School
    Yes sir. It feels so great to be around like minded people. I feel a sense of bonding that i never felt before.