Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    Marcelo has a video where he show how to finish the marcelotine after they pass to side control. Not something you want to happen but I've gotten a couple taps with it.

Any idea what it is called? I am a member of MG In Action so can search it if you do

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jee Kim View Post
    Love. This. I'm a sucker for guillotines in general but it's true that it leaves you in kind of a shit position if they get their head free. I'll have to start working the ninja choke in before they're fully passed.

Thanks, Logan!
    Agreed! Thanks, Logan

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Jee Kim View Post
    Love. This. I'm a sucker for guillotines in general but it's true that it leaves you in kind of a shit position if they get their head free. I'll have to start working the ninja choke in before they're fully passed.

Thanks, Logan!
    No problem! Glad you like it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Nice, the marcelotine is one of the few things I go to every time I roll, good to have a backup plan

Array

School
    10WO
    Something I've been doing lately is not fully commiting to the guard pull unless I know I have the choke 100% locked in from top sprawl control. The guys at my gym know that if I wrap up their neck its gonna get real bad real quick, so they are quick to defend with both hands, which can lead really nicely to flying wrestler to the truck.

But like you said, hitting the marcelotine perfect at the beginning is the best option. Even if they are defending with both hands in, if you are able to be really heavy on the back of their head with your lat and really get their head folded down you should be able to finish with the marcelotine.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    100% without a doubt!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12