Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    or hum the ghostbusters theme while a student is setting up a ghost escape.
    Now that's rude.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

I like to talk during training...generally in a terrible Brazilian accent. It just loosens me up. It's all about having fun.

I find myself talking all the time when rolling, even in competition. I hope people don't think it is disrespectful; it helps me to calm down and think more clearly.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    As long as its friendly talk I don't mind too much. I've had a few guys talk some shit during rolls though an I didn't care for it at all.... One guy in particular did it several times in a row even after I asked him to shut the fuck up an shit got bad to the point I omopalated his head through the drywall. On second thought... I should probably just say I don't like it.

Array

School
    Scottish hit Squad
    It depends who I'm rolling with. There's a couple of guys I'll tell them what I'm gonna hit,especially with the darce,just to make myself work harder for it. Then there's one or two where we'll have constant banter through the roll. Stuff like "nice sweep,but it set me up for this",or "You really thought I was gonna get caught like that?"

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I giggle alot when Im getting schooled.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I don't talk a lot bc I usually roll pretty serious, but every once in awhile I'm having a chill night and will joke a little..but it's not easy to roll hard and try to talk even if it's only saying just a few things. Never trash either. Some people jokingly talk trash w/e. Generally I prefer not to talk. And I hate it when I have to stop mid roll bc you are feeling the need to converse. Makes me want to put more pressure on you so you'll focus on what we're doing. I don't enjoy having my time wasted.

Woosley, I shut my eyes a lot too. Sometimes it's just easier to feel it. Also, my first training parter was all about crav maga...however you spell it. So if you didn't want to get poked in the eye you end up with them closed a lot.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    KJJ
    When higher belts/more skilful teammates are 80% of the way to closing up a sub, it does get pretty fun to go, "Any white belt can do a [insert submission I'm gonna be tapping to in the next 3 seconds] bitch! You REALLY wanna finish with that??"

Note: This has a low but sure success rate - sometimes guys will really let go and finish with something more spectacular than a triangle or armbar. Needless to say, only do this with dudes who can wipe you out with their jits, or you'll just be a douche.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    i usually don't like to talk when i'm rolling. i get too focused. when rolling with some of the higher ranked dudes, they'll give me tips or suggestions, but other than that i'm too concentrated talk.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I giggle alot when Im getting schooled.
    This is me.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast