I'm new to jujitsu/mma

I go to a guy where they don't teach electric chairs so I learned it off MTS and now I'm wondering is it legal In mma matches / jujitsu matches????

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Yes.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by jesus davila View Post
    I go to a guy where they don't teach electric chairs so I learned it off MTS and now I'm wondering is it legal In mma matches / jujitsu matches????
    It all depends. First, it depends on the rules of the competition you are in. It is 100% legal in MMA, as far as BJJ competition goes, it is legal, unless your in a tournament with wacky rules prohibiting groin locks. Secondly it depends on your instructors gym. If your instructor is against it (which he shouldn't be), I wouldn't do it.

No disrespect intended to your instructor, but if he doesn't teach electric chairs, it probably because he doesn't know what it is, doesnt know how to do it, or is extremely ignorant and is biased against the 10th planet system.

As far as your question goes, yes, it will most likely be legal in competition, but seeing as how you are a white belt, rules may vary. If the rules do prohibit groin locks, so be it. Do the electric chair sweep, to the electric chair cradle and pass the guard.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Depends on the tournament. Most do allow the electric chair but always be sure and familiarize yourself with the tourneys rules beforehand and attend the rules meeting before hand so you can ask any questions to clarify. some tourneys do have restrictions that apply to white belts and especially kids.

Array

School
    10WO
    It should be legal, I've only been to one tournament where it was illegal except for Advanced. But even if it is, there are other options from the whip down. If you have long arms, Five-0 control is awesome. And setting up the heel hook from whip down is awesome too, but that will definitely be frowned upon in the gi, so keep that in mind.