Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland

Half Guard Sweep Question

Ok so you whip up to dog fight and old school or half and half is not happening so you dive under his leg and go for plan B where you C-cup his thigh. Now opponent realises this is happening and steps the leg you are C-cupping back almost as if he were doing a capoeria pass and hence negating the sweep. Where to go from here ?

Do you jump back up to dog fight to try and bowl him over and keep transitioning between the two until you get one of them ? Is there another path entirely you can carry on with ?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I usually bypass the far leg and under hook the near leg and spin right into deep half guard and use the homer and sling shot sweeps.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I usually bypass the far leg and under hook the near leg and spin right into deep half guard and use the homer and sling shot sweeps.
    I def need that in my game asap. Quarter shell has been a life saver and this falls right into this game.

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Great cheers, so now I need to go check out MTS 66 for sling shot and MTS 07 for homer. I have a vague recollection of homer sweep being one where you sort of just roll over on your belly haha.