Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    RMNU

What's your favorite Marcelotine setup?

This has quickly become my favorite choke.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Knee kick, or failed back take from turtle. Love em

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Capoeira pass

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    failed can crusher from the top

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    Capoeira pass
    Very interesting..hmm...

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    Capoeira pass
    Sam, just yesterday I was reviewing the options from capoeira that you showed me. Pure gold.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    Sam, just yesterday I was reviewing the options from capoeira that you showed me. Pure gold.
    Got MG In Action? Saw it on there somewhere. Not pulled it off myself yet, but I've got close.

My favourite is the classic one that is in the warmup: sprawl as opponent shoots.

Another good one is from open guard from half guard: get the neck, kick away the legs and lock it up and the push back into you. Again, think that is on MGiA.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    I've never had MGinAction, but I do study Marcelo a lot.

Hey Chad, if you start making the capoeira pass your go to, then respect the berimbolo. Sean taught me that lesson the hard way haha.

Array

School
    10WO
    Oh yeah? I think I can see how the 'bolo could work from there, but if you have any video links of it being used in action that would be awesome. I could always use some more answers to the capoeira pass.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Also, when it comes to the Marcelotine I don't think about set ups as much as I just snatch it up whenever I can. Most of the time it's when something else is going on. People tend to leave their necks wide open when they are taking you down, sweeping you, passing your guard, or defending a pass. He may have changed his mind since then, but Denny said at the first Midwest training camp that it's impossible to do a shooting takedown without being exposed for a choke for a split second. I feel it's the same for when I'm being swept. I've been wrong before of course the nice thing about the marcelotine is even with better grapplers who pass with their sweeps (instead of sweeping, and trying to pass from scratch) you can still choke them because of the high elbow stopping them from pressing in. If I tap guys that are a higher rank than me, most of the time it's with a marcelotine and ending with me in bottom side with the choke still in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast