Thread: New Ronin

Array

School
    Triad Gracie Jiu Jitsu

New Ronin

Hey guys Im a 1 stripe white belt under the Gracie system I am new to no gi and currently train in Hapkido as well. I love the innovation of the 10th planet system and believe everyone should use what works for them in self defense. My question is with no headquarters around once I train independently for a while could I travel to a headquarters to get ranked I wasnt sure if anyone has been through thus before any help is appreciated

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Just drive to the nearest moon, or HB, many times over.
    And I'd say after a few months/years of really getting your butt kicked and being a white belt.
    Maybe just maybe, you have the possibility of being ranked. and that's not even spending the money to go to HQ

We all do Jiu Jitsu here, and we all understand the difficulty of attaining rank. And let me be one of the first to tell you, It's harder in the 10p system to get ranked, than it is in standard bjj circles.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    facebook.com/UpperCumberlandMMA www.UpperCumberlandMMA.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/10th-...47170035312865

You got 2 HB's within a 5 hr drive. Make it out there once in a while to train with guys from the system.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Triad Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks man I dont want it to seem all about rank but I plan on opening a school one day and hope I can offer 10th planet eventually at that school