Thread: MMA Sidecontrol

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast

MMA Sidecontrol

What do you guys use for sidecontrol? I find I'm having a hard time finding a type of sidecontrol that will pin my opponent, while allowing me to strike and set up submissions. Any help would be appreciated

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I really like hipping out to judo side control, you're able to put a lot of weight on the chest and strike to the head pretty effectively. It also makes mounted crucifixes a lot easier to set up. From there, kimuras, armbars, a darce choke if they turn in. Just my .02

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Twister side all day, easy transitions to mount, north south, and body shots, knees too if you like. And submissions of course.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Top heavy and smothering while keeping on his side, outta his guard all while hunting for the anaconda and/or north-south choke. Kimura if it's there, americana if it's there, side-mount crucifix (arm ride) if it's there. Just believe and be a hunter

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    "Beat down position" is a winner for mma for sure, but only if you work it live into your rolling first. In the end, what you'll probably be using in MMA is what you train the most. Take that into consideration