Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Chay View Post
    Wow, guess I was dead wrong in thinking replacing Chael was their only choice after the most recent events.
    Really did not see this one coming. smh
    I thought so too, to be honest. Not sure if this is a good thing for Metamoris though, to keep him on the card that is.

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin
    I think I wrote about this on the thread about Metamoris, I think they have to replace him. I understand that some people couldn't care less about doping etc, but the general MMA fan base does care. If they put him on this card to attract that MMA fan base and he has failed these tests then my guess would be that they need to replace him or the event will find itself alienating some of the crowd they want to attract.

For me, I don't care, I am going to watch anyway, but I could see some people saying, "No way." just because he is on the card.

Fox fired him because they know that the UFC audience will turn the channel when he commentates.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    All they need is a good spin. Galvao is gonna crush him. All they need to say is, "look, BJJ is best. It can even be used to tap out roided out wrestlers." These are the Gracies we're talking about. They are great at spinning.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I was surprised they didnt fire him the first time. I like him as an entertainer, but seriously, what a moron!

Chael Sonnen is winning this with an iron sheik....idk how you guys could think any other way...

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    All they need is a good spin. Galvao is gonna crush him. All they need to say is, "look, BJJ is best. It can even be used to tap out roided out wrestlers." These are the Gracies we're talking about. They are great at spinning.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    And an excuse when Chael puts the whoopin down. How come no one wanted to talk about then"legitimacy" of Galvao's guns?

Array

School
    10th planet L.A. Tapout
    Chael has had a nice ride in the UFC. His friend Dana gave him several championship fights when he was not even a top 5 competitor.
    I find his cockiness and corny humor entertaining; Donald Cormier is a great analyst and #1 contender! But he is not funny.

I would still like to see Chael at Metamoris....

Better yet. Chael should host Eddie Bravo Invitational!

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I support suspending Chael from competition in UFC like any other competitor would be. I don't know if I support FOX firing him from his role as commentator. I would be interested to hear what he has said on air about the issue previously. If he has been hypocritical in his analysis or admonished other competitors then his termination is justified in my opinion, but if he has given honest analysis about this issue on air then there is no reason to terminate him as he is a highly effective entertainer in my opinion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Ralek already said he isn't going to drop Chael, he says the PED's won't make any difference in the outcome of the match. As far as fox firing him the reason they let him go is because they are partners with the UFC so when Dana cut him fox had no use for him, he can't really commentate the fights because the UFC has terminated him, all shows involving the fights put on by fox are in conjunction with the UFC. What are they gonna do make him a football analyst?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12