Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I've done this a few ways and I would have to say I prefer the s grip. But it takes some getting used to. You can hit this choke from damn near anywhere and put people to sleep.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    Keenan choked some dude unconscious with that s grip baseball choke from bottom side in a no gi training session back when he was with Lloyd. That was the first time I saw it.
    vid?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    That's the one.
    Yup , that's the grip I taught the most pre 10p.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    vid?
    I tried to find it. Things from the Lloyd era tend to get lost easily.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Yup , that's the grip I taught the most pre 10p.
    I highly prefer that grip over the gable in both the baseball bat choke and in my Darce series. I feel like I can clamp my forearms together tighter without compromising the integrity of the grip. This could be due to my hanky wrist, but it was definitely a positive change for me when I switched to the 3 finger grip.

For the S grip on the baseball bat choke, I have no idea how y'all make that work. I can't get anything out of it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That 3 finger grip makes me question my sexuality. In a bad way. I don't like it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I Gable grip my baseball bat chokes.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I highly prefer that grip over the gable in both the baseball bat choke and in my Darce series. I feel like I can clamp my forearms together tighter without compromising the integrity of the grip. This could be due to my hanky wrist, but it was definitely a positive change for me when I switched to the 3 finger grip.

For the S grip on the baseball bat choke, I have no idea how y'all make that work. I can't get anything out of it.
    That's exactly why I switched to that there three finger grip. If I squeeze my forearms together with the gable then I can't even maintain the grip. It's funny how repositioning your hands just ever so slightly can make that big of a difference.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    That's exactly why I switched to that there three finger grip. If I squeeze my forearms together with the gable then I can't even maintain the grip. It's funny how repositioning your hands just ever so slightly can make that big of a difference.
    Joe, please come back to me. I miss your musk.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    A deadly 'red team go' surprise attack and a game opener for me. The knee on belly version has many steps to it that I love and use on the reg. What ever your 'finger-banging position of choice, I'm down for, as long as that neck gets its ultimate squeeze, its good for me. I have used the Gene Labelle grip for many rear naked choke style attacks and I am sure it has a place with Mr Baseball bat choke too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast