Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    In a convenient disassociation from the ethical implications of the Nuremberg Code, the United States became the only nation in the world to officially sanction the use of prisoners in experimental clinical trials. From the ’40s through the early ’70s, American doctors regularly injected and infected inmates with malaria, typhoid fever, herpes, cancer cells, tuberculosis, ringworm, hepatitis, syphilis and cholera in repeatedly failed attempts to “cure” such diseases. Doctors in prisons pulled out prisoners’ fingernails and inflicted flash burns to approximate the results of atomic bomb attacks and even conducted various “mind-control” experiments using isolation techniques and high doses of LSD, courtesy of the CIA.

By 1972, the pharmaceutical industry was doing more than 90 percent of its experimental testing on prisoners. The appeal and the advantages of an always accessible, highly controlled study group were obvious to researchers and trial sponsors alike; and, as researchers liked to point out, inmates themselves were eager to do something good for society, make money, or win favorable treatment or early release. But failures of these research studies often had devastating results on their captive subjects.

In October 2000, nearly 300 former inmates filed suit against the University of Pennsylvania, dermatologist Albert M. Kligman and corporate giants Dow Chemical and Johnson & Johnson for injuries, lingering physical illnesses and psychological trauma suffered as a result of experimental research conducted at Holmesburg Prison in Philadelphia between 1951 and 1974. The lawsuit, now pending in federal district court, alleges that University of Pennsylvania researchers deliberately exposed prisoners to dangerous and toxic substances without informing them of the attendant risks. The experiments—which formed the focal point of Allen M. Hornblum’s 1998 book Acres of Skin—included the application of powerful skin creams, new cosmetics, dioxin and high doses of LSD.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    From my experience acid just makes you geek the fuck out I never had any deep trips where i examined my life I was just bugging. Mushrooms, ibogaine, and dmt are not for everybody some people dont have the heart for this, these drugs were used in ceremony they were sacred. Not everybodys going to have a deep spiritual experience off them I've known a few people who have never been the same this is for only those who seek it out.
    LSD is considered an entheogen because it often catalyzes intense spiritual experiences where users feel they have come into contact with a greater spiritual or cosmic order. It is common for users to achieve insights into the way the mind works and some users experience permanent or long-lasting changes in their life perspective because of what they have experienced. Some users consider LSD a religious sacrament, or a powerful tool for access to the divine. Many books have been written comparing the LSD trip to the state of enlightenment of eastern philosophy.

Such experiences under the influence of LSD have been observed and documented by researchers such as Timothy Leary and Stanislav Grof. For example, Walter Pahnke conducted the Good Friday Marsh Chapel Experiment under Leary's supervision, performing a double blind experiment on the administration of psilocybin to volunteers who were students in religious graduate programs, e.g., divinity or theology. That study showed that hallucinogens could reliably be used to induce mystical religious states (at least in people with a spiritual predisposition).

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    There are some cases of LSD inducing or triggering a psychosis in people who were apparently healthy prior to taking LSD. This issue was reviewed extensively in a 1984 publication by Rick Strassman. In most cases, the psychosis-like reaction is of short duration, but in other cases it may be chronic. It is difficult to determine if LSD itself induces these reactions or if it merely triggers latent conditions that would have manifested themselves otherwise. The similarities of time course and outcomes between putatively LSD-precipitated and other psychoses suggests that the two types of syndromes are not different and that LSD may have been a nonspecific trigger. Several studies have tried to estimate the prevalence of LSD-induced prolonged psychosis arriving at numbers of around 4 in 1,000 individuals (0.8 in 1,000 volunteers and 1.8 in 1,000 psychotherapy patients in Cohen 1960; 9 per 1,000 psychotherapy patients in Melleson 1971). But these rates are far lower than the lifetime prevalence for psychotic conditions: schizophrenia, to pick just one type of psychosis, has a lifetime prevalence of about 1% in populations that are not exposed to LSD. In itself, this suggests no causative link between LSD and chronic psychotic disorders.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Watch "the Experiment" they get some guy to volunteer to be prisoners and guards in jail with alternative means of control then everything goes to shit, i thought it was distributively funny.

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    in theory it seems like it would work. if and only if u could get a guy that wanted to break his shit down.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Now are you typing in all this info from personal experience or just getting your wikipedia on cause there a big difference when you walk the path its like repping an armbar or justs watching videos and reading books on it unless you been through it you cant speak on it.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    Now are you typing in all this info from personal experience or just getting your wikipedia on cause there a big difference when you walk the path its like repping an armbar or justs watching videos and reading books on it unless you been through it you cant speak on it.
    I speak both as someone with lots of experience with LSD, ibogaine, mescaline, psilocybin, and some various other substances and as someone graduating with a BA in chemistry in dec. I'm a beliver in the many benifets some of the substances can produce both mentaly and spiritualy and I practice what I preach. I however recomend them to no one, that's an individuals choice to make for themselves on there own personal journey. I'm definately not advocating the use of them just putting the information out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12