Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

My win at welterweight

Competed in three divisions: intermediate lightweight, intermediate welterweight, and advanced lightweight. Got silver in advanced lightweight, but the division was only two of us, so my silver i guess just is a recognition of my willingness to throw down with anyone at any level. Surprisingly, the division i probably should've done best in, intermediate lightweight, I lost by razor lock in the first round. Wound up placing third in the welterweight division though. The guy who beat me in the next round won gold and at the very least placed in the next gi division he competed in.

All my losses came from armlocks on my left arm. Glaring defect.

Here's my win to enjoy (and critique) though! My losses are going straight to my coaches for dissection

"You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Hey, great job man! That triangle was almost there! And Tyler did an awesome job coaching. He talked to ya the whole time. That's great. I really enjoyed watching your match. :-) Keep it up!!!
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Ft Laudy HB
    Great job Ross, now it's time to get back to the matz and do work. Tyler sounded super solid Coaching but I may be biased lol.
    Chris Herzog Blue Belt

Array

School
    Thanks guys. Tyler was phenomenal. You can tell he was getting through to me. Nearly everything he said to do I took notice on. It was like he was my offensive coordinator or something lol.

Honestly I thought I lost the match because I didn't get a sub. I wasn't thinking about points at all. Even the sweep attempts were just things I was doing to try and finish the match. Won by three advantages to one advantage. Guess my constant attacking was key for my win. Was incredibly surprised when my hand was raised.

Tori, I should've tried harder for that triangle. He was posturing well and leaving his arm kind of vulnerable, so instead of fighting his posture, I tried ripping his arm off. That set up his pass attempt info that scramble though, so finishing the triangle should've been top priority.

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    great guard work. impressive.
    tyler's coaching was spot on...
    can't wait to roll with you guys soon

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Competed in three divisions: intermediate lightweight, intermediate welterweight, and advanced lightweight. Got silver in advanced lightweight, but the division was only two of us, so my silver i guess just is a recognition of my willingness to throw down with anyone at any level. Surprisingly, the division i probably should've done best in, intermediate lightweight, I lost by razor lock in the first round. Wound up placing third in the welterweight division though. The guy who beat me in the next round won gold and at the very least placed in the next gi division he competed in.

All my losses came from armlocks on my left arm. Glaring defect.

Here's my win to enjoy (and critique) though! My losses are going straight to my coaches for dissection

Nice! Looks like you almost had that electric chair!

Array

School
    Thanks guys
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

nice, also new profile pic is cool, nice quads