Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas

Barataplata defense/escapes

Does anyone know of any ways other than, "Just don't get there", to shut down or escape from the barataplata. One of my training partners is murdering everyone with it. He has setups from almost every position. From guard, the best I can do is, when he hooks the arm and pushes it through, I go elbow to knee with my free arm, to make sure he doesn't bring the other leg up. From there, it's just a waiting game..with him usually still submitting me. If someone wouldn't mind droppping all of their priorities, and making a video, that'd be great.. :P Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    I try to hide my leg so they can't cut the angle and at the same time I use my free hand to scoop their hip and pull as much as I can so they don't have the best angle. If they stay on the move they usually get the tap after a while, but some guys feel uncomfortable because of the angle and let go. So far thats been my best bet. From knee on belly the solution is trapping the leg that slides across body(the k.o.b. leg). That works as well but only from that setup. The correct answer seems to be not letting them throw the leg over your head and if they do you are guaranteed at least some pain. If someone has Freitas' dvd and he touches on this please share! I kill with this move though Its my new bread and butter