Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)

Hip injury advice

So I was doing some mount drills about 2 weeks ago and felt something pop on my left hip, hoping it would go away I continued to train through the pain. It is a dull pain and only hurts if i try to swing my hip (which you do on everything in JJ). I have hit it with one of those roller mats and that helps but I don't want to stop training if it's something I can just work through.... Anybody have this kinda thing as well?

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpoland View Post
    So I was doing some mount drills about 2 weeks ago and felt something pop on my left hip, hoping it would go away I continued to train through the pain. It is a dull pain and only hurts if i try to swing my hip (which you do on everything in JJ). I have hit it with one of those roller mats and that helps but I don't want to stop training if it's something I can just work through.... Anybody have this kinda thing as well?
    I've battled the same thing for over 3 years now. You probably have some ligament damage. Mine pops (ligament going over bone) if I move certain ways. If I train 3-4 times a week it gets pretty inflamed and aches quite a bit. I just try to monitor it best I can. I had a ortho look at it and he said as long as I can tolerate the pain keep on going like I normally do. Surgery is the only option to truly fix it according to him. Add it to the list...

Array

School
    www.therockbjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Coston View Post
    I've battled the same thing for over 3 years now. You probably have some ligament damage. Mine pops (ligament going over bone) if I move certain ways. If I train 3-4 times a week it gets pretty inflamed and aches quite a bit. I just try to monitor it best I can. I had a ortho look at it and he said as long as I can tolerate the pain keep on going like I normally do. Surgery is the only option to truly fix it according to him. Add it to the list...
    Same thing. Torn hip labrum. Doctor basically warned me against the surgery unless it was an absolute necessity. Recovery sucks. Have several friends in BJJ that have had it.

Best thing to help in my experience is stretching out your TFLs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS7cYp4Z2kk

Great video, I have the same problem.