Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is this submission called in the 10P system?

What is this submission called?

Setup:
    You get into this submission when opponent is turtle'd and you want to do D'Souza control into the Truck, but instead as the opponent falls to his/her side away from you, you roll with him/her, secure a lockdown on the nearside leg, and attack the far shoulder behind the opponent's head leading to a neck/shoulder crank.

Where it can be found:
    Eddie Bravo vs Royler Gracie 2 @ 10min 44sec

Picture:
    I have a beautiful picture, but am unable to upload it to the forum for some reason. (keeps giving me an error).
    But here is a link link to the picture.

What:
    Name this submission please and thank you.

Guerra
    Purple Belt
    Last edited by Guerra; 08-10-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    100%
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    yeah, from what I remember from JRE, Eddie said it was like a modified 100%

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    100% is not a submission, it's a sweep

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    100% can be a submission. It's a neck crank
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Thanks everybody. The 100% that I know is a technique from full guard where if you get the position, you will be swept 100% (i.e. setup is basically like going for a guillotine from the guard but you snake your arm under the far armpit, then pull opponent over for the sweep/submission). However, the picture I linked to was when opponent is in the turtle position, securing a lockdown on the near leg, reaching for the far shoulder, and rolling with the opponent to the neck crank. I guess it is like the cousin of the 100% from the full guard, but not quite the same.

In this situation with Eddie vs Royler 2, the "100%" was not a sweep, nor was it a submission that works 100% of the time (since Royler didn't tap). So it seems to me that it could also be named a little differently such as the 99.9% to note the distinction from the regular "100%" from full guard.

Thank you for the input.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerra View Post
    Thanks everybody. The 100% that I know is a technique from full guard where if you get the position, you will be swept 100% (i.e. setup is basically like going for a guillotine from the guard but you snake your arm under the far armpit, then pull opponent over for the sweep/submission). However, the picture I linked to was when opponent is in the turtle position, securing a lockdown on the near leg, reaching for the far shoulder, and rolling with the opponent to the neck crank. I guess it is like the cousin of the 100% from the full guard, but not quite the same.

In this situation with Eddie vs Royler 2, the "100%" was not a sweep, nor was it a submission that works 100% of the time (since Royler didn't tap). So it seems to me that it could also be named a little differently such as the 99.9% to note the distinction from the regular "100%" from full guard.

Thank you for the input.
    Try again. It wasn't the full 100%. It was modified.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Still a variation on the 100%. You can hit it from lockdown too. Great for countering some attempts at twister passes.

That's the name. Do you call a guillotine something different when you hit it from a position other than full guard? Or do you just say that you hit a guillotine from that certain posish?

I suppose you can call it whatever you want, but until Eddie or one of the generals names it something else, that's what it is referred to as.
    Last edited by Ross Davidson; 08-10-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    A modified armbar is a modified armbar. This guy is saying call the 100% different because it didn't work. But in reality, it's not the same 100% that resulted in the name. So it's a modified 100%. Not quite the 100%, but clearly related to it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Realistically it doesnt sweep 100% of the time either
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast