Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

Troublehooting Flyover from butterfly

Hey everyone.
    I have been hitting the flyover from butterfly a lot (from the warm-up series). I love the transition. However it seems that when I run into people who have really solid flexibility they follow me over and hit mount to reverse.

I am wondering if my shoulder pressure or positioning is possibly wrong, or if this is something I need to anticipate as a counter to my technique . If its just a counter they can hit i'd spend more time finding a good flow to mount escape with from there. If any of you have suggestions to counter the counter, thats great too!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    comp tomorrow wanna use it advice woukd be great. need to troubleshoot if possible. got good advice from teammate in class today saying to grab at least one foot while you pass over. is this a detail i was missing from the warmups? my 10p instructor just has us closing space on head side w an arm tucked and using opposite hand on the thigh while flying over to pass.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So you're going for the fly over and they end up reversing you and you end up mounted?

If you make sure you have a good hold on their heal/ankle they won't be able to do that to you. If you don't grab that heal they are able to reverse much easier.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    yes, exactly. Thank you for the advice. It only seems to happen with really really flexible guys. That addition did seem to help today in training. I will also reveiw MTS to see all the details as Eddy describes them tonight.
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 08-09-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Man that's key especially for the flip over pass. If you don't grab ahold of that foot, all they have to do is elevate like they're doing a butterfly sweep and it flips you right over. I haven't had anybody reverse from the fly over but that's good to know that you're having that issue so i know to address it in my students.

Heres a couple variations of the flyover pass I use.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 08-09-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS