Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    The Arena MMA

the dog fight is gold

I started making it my go to sweep series as of late and it works 80% of the time. A++ Eddie

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    It's a fairly easy position to get to. Especially if you have open hips. Correct me if I'm wrong but the dog fight is a 50/50 position where both grapplers are on their knees and you either have the wizzard or the underhook depending on whether you're the one who's getting up, or maintaining top control. I'm assuming you're talking about reaching over to the far side knee and driving through for the takedown to a pass.

try the limp arm to take the back. It's exactly what it sounds like. You let the hooking arm go limp and turn your shoulder to free your arm, then before your opponent can recover you take his back. Another easy yet effective move from this position.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    The half and half and plan b are soo money. I've been hitting the half and half from bottom side lately, that shit is too slick.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by La'a Ke One Hanau a La'a View Post
    It's a fairly easy position to get to. Especially if you have open hips. Correct me if I'm wrong but the dog fight is a 50/50 position where both grapplers are on their knees and you either have the wizzard or the underhook depending on whether you're the one who's getting up, or maintaining top control. I'm assuming you're talking about reaching over to the far side knee and driving through for the takedown to a pass.

try the limp arm to take the back. It's exactly what it sounds like. You let the hooking arm go limp and turn your shoulder to free your arm, then before your opponent can recover you take his back. Another easy yet effective move from this position.
    Yup
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I haven't got up to dog fight in a while, probably should do that more often.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    The Arena MMA
    it's been helpful when im rolling with bigger guys mostly

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    exactly. sometimes it's not worth the abuse your gonna take to play the lockdown game. If the guy is just too strong and you can't seem to get double underhooks, or pull him off base getting to the dog fight changes the perception really quickly. It's alot easier on the endurance, and there's alot of sneaky moves that you can pull off when big guys are just content to weigh down on you. Plan b which is like an electric chair sweep without the lockdown is a fast and effective move that tends to demoralize big guys on top, the powder keg is one I don't use often, but upon referring to the dvd, I've got in my mind as something I'm gonna go for the next time I roll.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    I haven't got up to dog fight in a while, probably should do that more often.
    What do you do often? Electric chair?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I've been getting to dog fight from bottom side here lately, all the guys in my gym have great side control and are pretty quick to pick up on stuff so my ghost series is getting mad stuffed, been usin a type of meat hook then spinning away from him n getting up to dog fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Sorry to bring this thread up. I've been studying the MTS, particularly the Lockdown Flowchart. Quick question about the Dogfight. Is it truly a 50/50 position? If I have the underhook deep, keeping the wizard out, then I am in the advantage, right? Is that the ideal dogfight for me? Or does one not go to the dogfight position with the deep underhook advantage at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast