Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Gamble I sent you a friend request on sherdog.
    Just accepted, you took my Sherdog friend v plates!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gamble View Post
    Just accepted, you took my Sherdog friend v plates!
    Umm, ok? (not sure what that means, lol)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Umm, ok? (not sure what that means, lol)
    v plates is slang for virginity

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Oh, yeah, that's how I roll...

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    So it is clear, this video is all about the path.

1) establish perpendicular angle, with your body fully on its side.
    2) get deep hook through your leg and latch onto collar bone
    3) heel in front of his shoulder
    4) free arm under his face and ready to neck crank

These steps make escape almost impossible.

Subs:
    1) slide free arm under chin and attack choke. Requires no opening of position
    2) if blocked, arm across face to prevent roll, and attack arm.
    3) if arm is hooked to stop sub, then pull out leg and teepee. This guard is meant to be used on thick body types
    4)if he tries to pass leg, then attack shoulder trap, but most likely turn down foot and trap half
    5) bc of the collar bone and leg clinch, he can't power forward, but if he does, keep clinch, and base out like dogfight, then just reinsert leg like doing powder keg.
    6) push head away and attack gogo neck crank. Bc of angle, you shouldn't need a hand to clear the neck
    7)if he postures, use perpendicular Jiu claw.

You can attack triangles at any point, but I use this on guys who are either too thick or too violent to triangle

I take no credit for originality. This is just an organization system. And if you are curious about its effectiveness against higher belts, I generally only roll with higher belts

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Thanks for sharing, really cool stuff!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Reminds me a bit of the williams guard, which is also good for Omos and Triangles - I like it

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I like how it doesnt bind up your hands like with the williams guard or london. The issue with those are if they cartwheel pass you cant check the hip. It looks like with this, if they tried to cartwheel you could easily check their hip.
    I watched without audio so you may have explained this but what stops them from posturing. It seems like one arm vs the posture would be pretty difficult to stop.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    blank
    thanks for the share duder

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I like how it doesnt bind up your hands like with the williams guard or london. The issue with those are if they cartwheel pass you cant check the hip. It looks like with this, if they tried to cartwheel you could easily check their hip.
    I watched without audio so you may have explained this but what stops them from posturing. It seems like one arm vs the posture would be pretty difficult to stop.
    he mentions pushing their head away so if they try to cartwheel they are neck cranking themselves. i think that is what was discussed.

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    If they try to cartwheel, you pull their head towards you. It neck cranks them really bad if they keep going forward.

As far as posture, the angle is so extreme, combined with the tight grip on the collar bone and the weight of your entire thigh on his shoulder blades, that posturing is almost impossible. When locked on properly, it feels less like you are holding him down, and more like he is carrying you. It's weird, try it. On the rarest occasion, a 250 pounder might be able to power up a little, but big guys tend to have forward
    shoulders and tap very early to perpendicular omoplatas. The big lats tend to rotate their shoulders towards their chests.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast