Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    RCS/10th Planet Beaumont
    Obviously they are knowledgeable however; they can be obnoxious when they claim that their family lineage gives them some magical insight into things that they may not understand i.e catch wrestling, defensive tactics with weapons, etc.

Lack of this knowledge is acceptable but, either dismissing it or claiming it to be part of the Gracie system all along is not.

This is similar to when BJJ first gained notoriety and every other martial art on the planet suddenly had a ground fighting component to their system. Which supposedly was there all along.

They are consistent though. They have a knife defense video that wreaks as bad as this one. I know this is a Jiu Jitsu forum but since I am a tactical weapons instructor, and by no means an expert in Jiu Jitsu, I have a better frame of reference for this.

Basically, the defense shown is shit and will get you killed. You cannot protect the same side regardless of the angle of attack. Unless someone lets you. Has to be a cross body defense.

Array

School
    Tupelo BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    The apples don't fall far from the tree. Rorion bought into Helio B.S. of all he needs to do is follow Helio Jiu jitsu. Like in the Rolls Gracie documentary Renzo said Rorion couldn't even compete with Rolls. It was because Rolls was evolving(cross training).
    It was really fun when Helio got old and tired of his own BS and started saying stuff in interviews that would make Rorion's eyes bug out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123