Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

Anyone else got old man hips?

Anyone else on the forum ever dealt with hip problems in jits? For the past few years, whenever I lift a leg up as if I'm throwing a knee, on its way back down it always cracks every time. It was never painful until a few weeks back, I honestly can't even remember what technique over stretched it but it's been sensitive ever since. I can still walk without any pain but its those god damn tricky turns that get me. It just seems to lock for a second mid turn sometimes. It felt like it was on the road to recovery (pain at least, the cracks are still there) until last night at training, a combination of a knee slice pass and my free leg being stretched up in the opposite direction made it pop (on camera). I can walk around on it fine but I can tell it's not 100% down there, feels like somethings too tight around there. I'm gonna take a trip to the doctors tomorrow but any other advice is appreciated.

Array

School
    White Lion PTY
    No matter which articulacion of the body makes the POP sound is an alert, also the clicks or even a dislocation.
    So its better inmediate trip to the doctor. He would examine you and for a start he should ask you for an xray. If the doctor donīt send you a xray. Then get another opinion. For sure you are going to need to take meds for inflamation and pain. Dependes on the injury.
    Also have you being suffering from a complicated flue with fever lately?. Sometimes, but iīve seen the case just in kids, it goes through your body and stablish in a hip joint. But it comes with other syntoms and you need to also make some blood exams. Its lots of things they need to evaluate in case thereīs nothing on the x ray
    Next time since the first syntom look for a doctor. better if you find one that deals sport injuries cause they arrange your recovery and else different than regular.
    Also it would be great if you start taking pills of glucosamine and condroitin 2 caps per day for 60 days. it strenghts your articulations and on sports es very good you keep it in mind as a supplement every 3 months do the same. it keeps the articulations protected in simple words( its like making the oil change on a car ).

I hope the info helps you sorry for my english. It isnīt my language.