Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

Another reason to love Neil deGrasse Tyson

"You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    I love NDT... But I lost a little respect for him when Rogan asked about the fake moon landings. His response was an amazingly unscientific "Just look how big that Saturn rocket was, they built it big enough to go to the moon!".

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that a craft on the moon that wanted to achieve escape velocity to be able to dock with a craft in stationary orbit around the moon would need to achieve a velocity of 2400 m/sec (escape velocity of the moon, per wikipedia). In other words, you need a massive rocket to get away from the moon's gravity, which they obviously didn't have.

Here is a video of the lunar lander lifting off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBcLg0DkLA

And we are told to believe it somehow achieved 2400 m/sec velocity? not to mention that it obviously lifts off with linear velocity (instead of velocity being affected by acceleration of a rocket).

The whole lunar landing thing is such a joke, yet NDT felt compelled to tow the bullshit party-line.

I still love the guy, but I was hoping for more from him.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I'm surprised that being a wrestler and knowing Joe he doesn't have interest in jiu jitsu. I'm sure he'd love it

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Beast !!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    I'm surprised that being a wrestler and knowing Joe he doesn't have interest in jiu jitsu. I'm sure he'd love it
    Yea I wanna listen to the podcast and see if Joe tried to sell him on it.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    The whole lunar landing thing is such a joke, yet NDT felt compelled to tow the bullshit party-line.
    \

I'm assuming this view of the lunar landing module STILL on the moon is fake as well?

http://www.space.com/14874-apollo-11...oon-photo.html

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    The other thing I don't get about people who think the moon landings were fake. There were 6 landings over a 3 year period. Wouldn't it be impossible to fake this 6 times without real proof of it being fake getting out? The only "proof" that we have of it being fake are images with "questionable" shadows. Nobody has ever found the 6 studios used to film the landings. Nobody has ever found the actual fake footage with actors walking on set. How could you fake something 6 times over a 3 year period and not have it be exposed?

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    There were 6 landings over a 3 year period. Wouldn't it be impossible to fake this 6 times without real proof of it being fake getting out?
    This is a common argument used when trying to assert that 17 Saudi's and a dude in a cave blew up WTC1,2, and 7. As far as it "not being exposed", it has been exposed... the fact that we're talking about it proves that.

Also notice that you have changed my argument from the basic physics involved in achieving a stable orbit to something about photographs and shadows, which I never mentioned.

Obviously this isn't the right "forum" for a real debate over things like moon landing fakery, or 911 truth. The truth about all those things is out there. Investigate if you want, or don't. Believe what you want.

Array

School
    As a science major who is also fond of conspiracies, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with Neil and Joe's discussion about the moon landings. The only bit that actually seemed unanswerable was the flag movement as the astronaut bounced by.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I love NDT... But I lost a little respect for him when Rogan asked about the fake moon landings. His response was an amazingly unscientific "Just look how big that Saturn rocket was, they built it big enough to go to the moon!".

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that a craft on the moon that wanted to achieve escape velocity to be able to dock with a craft in stationary orbit around the moon would need to achieve a velocity of 2400 m/sec (escape velocity of the moon, per wikipedia). In other words, you need a massive rocket to get away from the moon's gravity, which they obviously didn't have.

Here is a video of the lunar lander lifting off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBcLg0DkLA

And we are told to believe it somehow achieved 2400 m/sec velocity? not to mention that it obviously lifts off with linear velocity (instead of velocity being affected by acceleration of a rocket).

I still love the guy, but I was hoping for more from him.
    SO obviously you believe that the USSR was in on it? Otherwise them (and many other nations) would have exposed it as fake. So was it part of a global conspiracy in your view?
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast