Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

Intensive Crash Course Week(s) Training - First Post - Greetings from Shanghai

Hey-O 10th Planet brothers and sisters,

Ronin grappler over here in Shanghai, China.
    Around 2 years learning mma/grappling... and around 10 years martial arts over all.

So I have gotten into studying the system and working through the sequences and my rubber guard stretching is coming along ok.. so that should not be a big issue for training. However it is only me out here who is really keen to learn the 10th planet stuff.

So I have got a question:

I am considering flying over for a week or two and doing an Intensive Crash Course (ICC) in 10thPJJ and I am wondering if something like this would be possible.

I think I have a decent base in grappling and martial arts and of course I know I can go through the motions on my own.. but my training partners just don't have the time or motivation to go hardcore into it.

So here is what I was thinking as my ideal case:

- Training pretty much all day at a gym or somewhere that has matts for easy and safe rolling

- A couch to crash on or I would be totally cool with sleeping at the gym (hopefully it has showers)

- Preferably working intensively with someone who is purple belt or above. Going through the basic nuts and bolts of the system... basically working towards a blue belt.
    the reason I say that I that I am on of a bit of a budget and probably can't drop huge amounts of cash on loads of private lessons with a high level black belt.. and for the basics that I need I am sure a purple belt would know loads already.
    However it could be a mix, of partners and levels.. no big deal I think since most should know loads more than me.

- It would be awesome to join the regular classes as well, see how you guys do your training.

Timing

Basically I have gotten from December 17th to Jan 3rd free.. I know its during the holiday season so I obviously wouldn't expect anyone to training me on Christmas and holidays haha... but that doesn't mean I won't

Price

Im looking into tickets to the US and most are coming in at around 1000 usd, so hopefully I could keep other expences below 1000 USD... so the trip does not bankrupt me haha

About me

Im Canadian, 29, from a medium sized northern Ontario town in Canada call Sault Ste. Marie. I have been living in China for the past 5 years.

My main passion in life is martial arts and I have been doing wing chun for around 6 years.. however I was always worried about ground fighting and being taken down.. after sparring some MMA guys I decided to start learning MMA together with my kung fu and fell in love with grappling.

This past year I did a similar ICC in Wing Chun with my new Sifu over in Germany.
    He made an interview with me about the training.
    You can see it here
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghS6PBaJqk

I know there is A LOT of Wing Chun haters out there and that is understandable... A LOT of what I see online is ridiculous. However, Sifu Marc's training is the real deal and I really think it is top notch self defense.

If anyone is seriously interested in discussing things further with me, please PM

PS

If any of you guys have any suggestions on schools I should contact to talk about training with please let me know!

Sorry for the book!

Thanks and take care

Greetings from Shanghai

Tyler