Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield

Petition that could use your expert voices: Eric Garner's choke

I started a petition about the death of Eric Garner. If you please, read it and sign it and share it. You more than anyone know it was a choke.

thank you,

http://chn.ge/1FVYWzp

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Here's a type of quote from one of you that would be useful placed by a supporter.

"I'm a judo black belt and a 9 year BJJ practitioner brown belt. I'm also in law enforcement I recognized this technique as a choke."

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Joe Rogan ‏@joerogan

Can't believe NYPD is saying that wasn't a choke hold on #EricGardner. Speaking as a professional martial arts expert, it sure as fuck was

Array

School
    Ronin
    this seems to be happening a lot in your country atm is there real problem or is it just string of bad luck and some bad apples in the bunch its all i hear when the news is on i live in new zealand so we don't see too much of what's going on there

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    There's nothing to debate. The coroner ruled it s homicide induced by neck and chest compression, a choke.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I know Eddie is a public figure and there's a lot more at stake for him to sign, but would be very much honored to have his signature.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    At my gym, we have always called the palm-to-palm choke with the forearm---"the cop choke".

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    wow. i heard it called the bulldog, too. it was done at the UFC prelims last night: http://gfycat.com/KindlyScaryAxolotl

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    The Bulldog Choke is when no hooks are used and you're off to the side of your opponent when they are turtled, it's how Carlos Newton beat Pat Mileteich back in the day

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    It was disgusting what happened to him. Didn't need to have force used on him at all, when the video first came out there was a Gracie Breakdown on it when at the time the initial autopsy concluded there was no damage to the neck and the death must have been brought on by other health issues indirectly brought on by the choke. Now hearing that there was neck and chest trauma, it's just horrible to think about. I don't think the cop "murdered" him. But he should definitely be charged with manslaughter. The bigger issue in the long run is the use of force by authorities where it's not fucking needed. What's also disgusting is how people are even remotely comparing this to the Michael Brown thing. Eric Garner was an innocent guy being attacked and killed over a petty "crime"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast