Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Escaping when they counter with the Marce.

This is very helpful! Thanks. As the marcer, there are some things that I've seen from jeff Glover and Ryan Hall that I could see potentially making it hard for the defender to have space to posture enough to shoot the arm across the body as the attacker slides in. I really want to ask about them, but then I really do feel like it would be what you said, that words on a page can only do so much. Maybe I'll try to ask Glover or Hall sometime and I'll experiment at the gym tonight to see if I can come up with some answers of my own.

Either way, I'm a big marcer so I'll be on the lookout for this haha. Thank you Brandon! Your picture day and the marce defense are really helpful both from the defender and attacker point of view.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    This is very helpful! Thanks. As the marcer, there are some things that I've seen from jeff Glover and Ryan Hall that I could see potentially making it hard for the defender to have space to posture enough to shoot the arm across the body as the attacker slides in. I really want to ask about them, but then I really do feel like it would be what you said, that words on a page can only do so much. Maybe I'll try to ask Glover or Hall sometime and I'll experiment at the gym tonight to see if I can come up with some answers of my own.

Either way, I'm a big marcer so I'll be on the lookout for this haha. Thank you Brandon! Your picture day and the marce defense are really helpful both from the defender and attacker point of view.
    I hope you have some good answers for it! That's how we continue to evolve. Counter the counter. Refine the details. The community can all do the research and development together and shortcut the process. That's what is really great about open forums like this.

If you find something slick or wanna show the detail that will nullify this, come back and post it. Make a video and we will keep it private here in this thread.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    I will film some more vids next week on how to deal with the Japanese Necktie, Peruvian Necktie, Arm In Guillotine, and Mendes Anaconda chokes.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

I hope you have some good answers for it! That's how we continue to evolve. Counter the counter. Refine the details. The community can all do the research and development together and shortcut the process. That's what is really great about open forums like this.

If you find something slick or wanna show the detail that will nullify this, come back and post it. Make a video and we will keep it private here in this thread.
    For sure man! if I post anything it'll be unlisted and only on here

I'm interested in the Rafaconda defense too. I can think of a couple things to try but against him or anyone else really good with it, it just seems to slow it down a little but you still end up done for. I'm definitely excited to see that.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    I have been using it since you first showed it Brandon and I literally haven't been d'arced since. It's a fantastic technique that I always rave about to my training partners! Thank you!

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Damn, used it twice tonight against my instructor who is a darce/anaconda/guillotine savage. He literally has gotten me with some version of these 3 chokes hundreds of times. Shut him down both times! Bmacs whole series that he said he is working on getting out just might shut down a huge percentage of times i get tapped. Thanks man!

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    I plan on letting a fellow 10thplanet player, who is a monster at the darces, lock it in tomorrow and see what the outcome is. I already let one training buddy use the darce and I got out twice. Curious to see what happens when the darce'r(?) knows the escape as well. See if it is still super gangsta when they are trying to shut down that escape as well.

Array

School
    I love reading this stuff. Just inspires me to wanna do more for you guys. And it makes me feel cool.
    - Amir Allam

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Awesome to hear that it has already helped you. I'm very cautious with my neck these days, so to hear that it is saving yours is great. Be nice to your neck, boys. It don't last forever.

Once your training partners get hip to this defense, you're gonna see them start sliding under to a marce/farce variation. Be prepared to take advantage of their movement and find top position. By switching to the marce, they will change the angle, rendering your frame useless; but they will also open a brief window for you to switch your hips, extend your trapped arm, and gain top position. Look for that opportunity.
    I was so stoked, man. I literally watched the video as I was heading out the door to leave for class. I have to say, I'm very thankful that I did. It's by far the best darce defense I've seen. Thank you for all of the tips, and for sharing this with us. It's much appreciated. I'm about to watch the new videos you posted, as well.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have the counter. Im not telling anyone. Sukit.

Youre goin to sleep Bran..

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast