Array

School
    Butch Hiles BJJ (Charleston, WV)

Lockdown Half Help - Opponent attempting pressure pass/sitting

Looking for some ideas from any lockdown players. I usually have alot of success when I end up in the lockdown game, but have recently run into a brick wall with one of my partners. He's very strong and has great base, so this may just be a case of tough luck for me. Any ideas are appreciated. We have recently been stalemating alot in a position similar to the one in this video:

My lock down is preventing him from extracting his knee, but his shoulder pressure is keeping my head turned so that I can't come up to my side, cant 5-0, can't whip up effectively, can't whip down effectively, can't get up on my elbow. Because of the pressure, he then uses his top hand to try and free his leg, which becomes a drawn out battle.

My thoughts have been to try clubbing and whipping down or stomping to butterfly (which feels really risky in this position, since he is waiting to extract his leg). I am also blocked out from getting to deep half, although I was able to swing the leg up a couple of times and get us into a waiter sweep type of position. I am also working on preventing this situation prior to getting into it by trying to catch the crossface arm and push it across to give me a chance at the more familiar counters to the twister pass. The head control changes the feel of this from the twister pass quite a bit.

Am I missing something obvious? Any techniques on MTS or anywhere for ideas here?

So far, he is the only one to give me this look in lockdown, as I am usually able to follow the MTS path on most people.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Many levels to lock down half. From what i see you need to stretch &whip that LD. Whipping to take away that base.when hes pressuring w/head &arm & you cant get double unders, the stomp is huge. It takes years for most to fully grasp LD half, even longer to master:-)
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    I'm thinking that's what I've got to work on. I was actually rewatching Metamoris 3 and thinking I am just going to have to build up some more power in the whip to pull him off balance. Where the his hip is turned down, its difficult to get him moving and the head pressure is even worse. On a positive note, I am building up alot of tolerance for the misery of that head pressure.

Array

School
    Farmington MO/ Ronin
    You could try getting a yoga ball and strengthen your core a lot. all kinds of ways to exercise muscles you may not be using so much and its fun to be creative with it. i like it for practicing skydives. maybe just don't let him get settled on you if he does and your lockdown game gets shut down its good to work the other techniques anyway. in actuality anytime you play bottom game it is hella risky as a self defense so its good to understand that nothing works all the time, and have backup plans for those occasions.

Array

School
    In doing homework on this position, the Meatstomp in episode 81 was very helpful. MG's sit up escape with a forearm frame also opens up some options, if you t-rex your arm into place. Cyborg's tornado option when there are gi pants also looks like an option, but haven't gotten to try that one yet. Think I am getting unstuck - just needed to go down the rabbit hole a bit further. The typical reverse sit options weren't available, because of the crossface.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Review MTS 71 & 72 when Eddie talks about the Whipdown. This is pretty effective for me against strong opponents that are good at smashing the lock down with the shoulder/crossface. Takes their base away and forces them to move.