Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin

Flipping the Truck

Was wondering if anyone knows of a more detailed video or a break down of the truck flipping (not sure if named?) that Eddie shows on Nathan on MTS 74 when showing the Slow Samurai to Kuwy Control?? 36 mins in

Muchas gracias for any help guys

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    flipping the truck is very easy if the guy doesn't have good control. its a hip escape and a turn. I'm not sure if there is a good video out there or not, but I'm sure one of the brown+ belts could make one in a second.

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Geo has a video up on youtube called the truck stop, might be worth checking that out

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    flipping the truck is very easy if the guy doesn't have good control. its a hip escape and a turn. I'm not sure if there is a good video out there or not, but I'm sure one of the brown+ belts could make one in a second.
    what sean said

unfortunately, i find it to be one of those things that is hard to explain until you feel it. then you know what's up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Yes, stancran beat me to it but lets see if I can embed it

Array

School
    Ronin
    thanks for the replys, not to sound ungrateful but the suzuki is not the same as what i was meaning.already watched and drilled that a bit(shout out to Mr Herzog)
    the flipping i mean is when you are already caught in the truck
    it seems to be that you esape the leg that is being held down by the toes then slam your leg that is locked down to the ground and put your own lockdown on while grabbing their free foot
    looks super easy to do but know that alot of jiu jitsu does but its the tiny details that can make or break each position/transtion/sub
    In the MTS Eddie mentions that its all about hitting the angle,a blue belt attempts it first but sems to get confused and hits a truck escape so he asks Nathan to demo with him and mentions not many people know the flip

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by brent steele View Post
    thanks for the replys, not to sound ungrateful but the suzuki is not the same as what i was meaning.already watched and drilled that a bit(shout out to Mr Herzog)
    the flipping i mean is when you are already caught in the truck
    it seems to be that you esape the leg that is being held down by the toes then slam your leg that is locked down to the ground and put your own lockdown on while grabbing their free foot
    looks super easy to do but know that alot of jiu jitsu does but its the tiny details that can make or break each position/transtion/sub
    In the MTS Eddie mentions that its all about hitting the angle,a blue belt attempts it first but sems to get confused and hits a truck escape so he asks Nathan to demo with him and mentions not many people know the flip

Your thinking of the exact same thing only preformed later. I would say most successful truck flip vs great truck guys start happening before the truck is settled, not to say that you can't escape via flipping it latter. I don't know of an instructional video where the escape is is show beginning at the exact time your talking about but you can probably find it in comp video starting at whatever point you want if you watch a bunch of 10th planet vs 10th planet matches at Gracie worlds.

Sorry if I couldn't help you much my friend, have a good one!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    the thing about hitting the truck flip, is you need to hit it when he goes for the truck on you. it can happen after you are already in the truck, but if the guy is good, its hard to do. its particularly easy against a lot of these no-clinch truck entries. if the clinch you with both legs all the way through and really control the free leg, its hard to do.

Array

School
    10th planet San Francisco
    it is hard to explain but these guys are right only gonna happen during transition unless he is sleeping
    small hip out and just gotta beat the knee , giving you the dominate angle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast