Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu

UGF and special thanks to Denny!

UGF was my first tournament I have ever competed in and boy was it an experience.....I am an old dude at 43 & had to go down in age as well as up in weight to not compete against a friend. I was extremely nervous and played my game the first 5 minutes of a 7 minute round and I just gassed out.... I screwed up in first match as I went for an electric chair but I lost my lockdown due to him so sweaty and much stronger than me but my F up was not using it for a sweep. I wanted the sub so bad and I gassed out and lost on points....gave up a mount to fatigue....the second match I knew I would gas soon so was very aggressive and ended up finishing him off with an electric chair and an applause from the crowd to earn a silver!

I really want to take a minute and thank Denny as he helped coach me in my first match (sorry I gassed out) and when I got my adrenaline dump took time to help me stretch out and recover. Also after all the matches even though I am just a Ronin invited me into the group photo and truly made me feel like part of the team and family! It meant a lot to me to do that and I am truly thankful and my view which was great to begin with on 10P grew drastically more. Every 10P school I have been to including HQ has been an amazing experience but 10PSF will always be my home away from home because of Denny's attitude. Thank you to all the 10P family for being so open minded and always willing to help out!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA
    43? Dude, you are a young guy compared to me, I am 47 and UGF was my 3rd tournament. So, you got plenty of years left in the tank. And I agree with your sentiments, everyone, regardless of which 10th Planet you are associated with are very cool and willing to help out.