Array

School
    Gb Knox/Kmaa

First Bravo Seminar

Thanks to the tireless work of the amazing Chad Clark, Eddie Bravo is gonna be doing a seminar in Knoxville Tn at Knoxville Martial Arts Academy. I am beyond excited but I am even MORE excited because of all the possitive vibes I get constantly on this board. I don't post a lot as I like to sit back and watch, but the passion here is always contagious. As a religious gi player, when I get confused or just down on my no gi game this is always where I come for advice and inspiration! You guys have really inspired me to love the 10p system and what it brings to my bjj/mma game.
    Special thanks to BMac who was in a lot of ways the first really high level 10p guy I got to train with and who turned a flame started largely by Chad into a roaring wildfire when I saw the simple and amazing effectivnes of his style.
    You can read books and watch pro fighters but interacting with real live people really helps the passion.

So thanks.

My only concern about the seminar is how you ever make the most of your time with a guy like that. I mean I wanted to keep Brandon around for a few more months just to pick his braiin!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'll be up there Friday. Skaff is coming with me. Gonna work with OSP starting around 5 and then we will be free to roll or do some privates if you're interested.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Williams, Jr. View Post
    My only concern about the seminar is how you ever make the most of your time with a guy like that.
    I'm actually quite concerned about this subject. I'm going to the Southern Jiu Jitsu Culture on the Skids training camp in May. 5+ seminars from high level 10p guys including Eddie over 3 days.

I have no idea what I should be working on, researching, drilling, to get the most out of my time there. I'm such a newbie to JJ that I'm worried most of what's presented will be over my head.

Even if I knew what to work on specifically, I'm so newbie that no matter what I do, I'm a whitebelt at a black belt seminar. I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it... I just realize there will be so much more there that will be outside my ability to comprehend.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I'm actually quite concerned about this subject. I'm going to the Southern Jiu Jitsu Culture on the Skids training camp in May. 5+ seminars from high level 10p guys including Eddie over 3 days.

I have no idea what I should be working on, researching, drilling, to get the most out of my time there. I'm such a newbie to JJ that I'm worried most of what's presented will be over my head.

Even if I knew what to work on specifically, I'm so newbie that no matter what I do, I'm a whitebelt at a black belt seminar. I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it... I just realize there will be so much more there that will be outside my ability to comprehend.
    My worthless white belt advice would be to ask for help on something you already know, fine tune it. Don't stress over trying all of that fancy stuff. (i.e. Ask how you could improve your topside pressure instead of how to do a flying arm bar.)