Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

Spring break in South Florida? Nah, I went to some town in Alabama.

Sorry for such a late post, but I've been running around doing school stuff ever since the break ended. Decatur was amazing though. First, Carmen Torres opened her home to me for a full week AND let me bring mah dog. Then, her and Josh McMurray were gangsters in the kitchen, even making me some legit cornbread (which really completed the full southern experience, imo—I'm from SoFlo. It's pretty much being a yankee, except with worse education systems and palm trees..... and a lot of people from the Northeastern US....... pretty much the entire state of New Jersey lives here....... and French Canadians for 4-5 months a year). Then Bmac welcomed me to town with a one on one rolling session, after my 13 hour drive, in which he proceeded to maul me for what seemed like an eternity. From then on it was pretty much what anyone would expect: lot's of quality jiu jitsu, concepts, training partners, friends, new friends, and hand to hand grappling warfare. Then at the end of the week I got to watch a bunch of sub-humans, I mean, white belts, kill each other at an in-house tournament.

I leveled up considerably last week. After the first couple days of training I began to find a game that has completely changed my strategy. Bmac showed me some tweaks to it that make life miserable for the victims as well. By the end of the week I was making people tap just from the pressure; they were white belts, which we all know aren't actual people, but still My game also had new theories injected, which are honestly going to take sometime to master, but if I were to have stayed on the beach last week, instead of SACRIFICING for my jiu jitsu, I would still be the same old Ross that I was two weeks ago. No progression = regression, imo. But I don't even look at it as "sacrificing". To me, there's nothing more fun than traveling for jiu jitsu. In fact, anything with jiu jitsu is better. Want some cheesecake and jiu jitsu? How about some lamb chops and some knee reaping? Honey biscuts and some gogo clinch? Doesn't that sound incredible? So yea, pretty much food and jiu jitsu make everything better.

I really can't say enough about these Alabama warriors. They're always so welcoming and hospitable. They really do enjoy hosting out of town jiu jitsu enthusiasts. They're family.

I'd proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with them on the battle field.

But let's hope that that doesn't ever happen and we just spend our time on the mats training and competing.

There's too many people to thank specifically, but you all know who you are. Hopefully the rest of these forum-heads will wise up and come visit you guys to find out.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Man, sounds like an amazing time. I'm jelly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I love having you in town, man. You've improved so much in the last few months. You have a home here anytime
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    In fact, anything with jiu jitsu is better. Want some cheesecake and jiu jitsu?
    All I can picture is Brandon mounting someone and ladling cheesecake into their mouths until they submit.

Glad we got to make introductions Saturday, hopefully we can get a chance to roll next time.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    All I can picture is Brandon mounting someone and ladling cheesecake into their mouths until they submit.

Glad we got to make introductions Saturday, hopefully we can get a chance to roll next time.
    Yes, next time we will definitely roll, brotha. Good to meet you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I love having you in town, man. You've improved so much in the last few months. You have a home here anytime
    Thanks, coach! I love visiting you guys! I'll keep up the hard work.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Come back anytime, Killer. We love to play =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    WHAT YOU WERE IN ALABAMA AND YOU DIDN'T COME SEE ME??! That makes me sad but glad you had a good time!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyana View Post
    WHAT YOU WERE IN ALABAMA AND YOU DIDN'T COME SEE ME??! That makes me sad but glad you had a good time!
    Dude. You're like 5 hours in the opposite direction

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    7... but still. :P I haven't seen you since Christmas.

Array

School
    Lol yea it's been a few months. I'll be back. Thinking about hitting LA or Chicago next........... Maybe even Oregon so I can see family too......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast