Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    If it's something you really want, give it proper time to heal up and take it out before class.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    If it's something you really want, give it proper time to heal up and take it out before class.
    I think this is the best advice. Dyana is young and wants to experience life, so she should do it. But just be aware that it's another responsibility, not just in terms of your safety, but potentially for your training partners as well.

Also, I wonder where the 10P ladies are for this thread. So far it's just been a bunch of dudes giving her advice lol
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I think this is the best advice. Dyana is young and wants to experience life, so she should do it. But just be aware that it's another responsibility, not just in terms of your safety, but potentially for your training partners as well.

Also, I wonder where the 10P ladies are for this thread. So far it's just been a bunch of dudes giving her advice lol
    Good point, but as I said my training is FAR more important than a naval piercing so I'll have to miss out on that one. But that's totally okay with me because Jiu Jitsu is the most important thing here and I'm pretty sure I'll get better life experiences from that (:

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I told you about the ones I witnessed myself. I've heard about a girls belly ring getting torn out as well, I just didn't see that one happen. It would be extremely foolish on your part to get one and continue to train, not only injury but risk of infection as well.
    I appreciate your feedback, from all of you. Honestly. All you guys made me realize that it's a lot worse idea than I thought it would be, and my training is far more important than a fashion statement. Also, Mr.Murray did make a point that made me realize something, and I wanted to say that in no way did I mean to be disrespectful or rude in any of my comments Mr.Herzog, and I apologize if I came off as such. I figure you know what you're talking about way more than a lot of people and I'll be sure I won't be stupid enough not to listen to you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyana View Post
    Good point, but as I said my training is FAR more important than a naval piercing so I'll have to miss out on that one. But that's totally okay with me because Jiu Jitsu is the most important thing here and I'm pretty sure I'll get better life experiences from that (:
    Woah. I never thought I'd see the day when you listen to advice
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Woah. I never thought I'd see the day when you listen to advice
    :O What are you talking about?? I always take people's advice into consideration!! Even yours :P

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

You assume only females have body piercings. I've had male students with nipple, navel and even prince albert piercings.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyana View Post
    I appreciate your feedback, from all of you. Honestly. All you guys made me realize that it's a lot worse idea than I thought it would be, and my training is far more important than a fashion statement. Also, Mr.Murray did make a point that made me realize something, and I wanted to say that in no way did I mean to be disrespectful or rude in any of my comments Mr.Herzog, and I apologize if I came off as such. I figure you know what you're talking about way more than a lot of people and I'll be sure I won't be stupid enough not to listen to you.
    No disrespect taken.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    You assume only females have body piercings. I've had male students with nipple, navel and even prince albert piercings.
    I hope you was informed verbally and not visually. Especially with the last one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    I am glad you changed your mind Dy. I do have a belly ring. I got it before I started training and before I really started working out. I ended up having to get it pierced twice due to infection the first time despite following the cleaning directions. The piercer said that the belly button is where they see the most infections after piercing. Plus, despite it being covered it does get snagged easily in daily life so I have to remember to take mine out before doing any workouts or training.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast