Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    No disrespect taken.
    I was just making sure. Disrespecting you or anyone else has not been, nor is it ever my intent. I know I'm young and may seem childish, but I am much more mature than that. But again, I do appreciate the advice! (:

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    I am glad you changed your mind Dy. I do have a belly ring. I got it before I started training and before I really started working out. I ended up having to get it pierced twice due to infection the first time despite following the cleaning directions. The piercer said that the belly button is where they see the most infections after piercing. Plus, despite it being covered it does get snagged easily in daily life so I have to remember to take mine out before doing any workouts or training.
    I was already leaning towards no, but I wanted to just see what everyone said on here since it's something I have always wanted. But the risks are too great.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I think you made the right choice, girl. You arent that basic anyways.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    You assume only females have body piercings. I've had male students with nipple, navel and even prince albert piercings.
    +1 for the nipple piercings on guys. I've personally trained with two guys in judo who had their nipple piercings "removed" during sparring. Not a pretty picture.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyana View Post
    :O What are you talking about?? I always take people's advice into consideration!! Even yours :P
    Haha usually not until after a good argument though

You assume only females have body piercings. I've had male students with nipple, navel and even prince albert piercings.
    Yea, sometimes I forget that guys get body piercings too. I guess I thought of that because of the location of the piercing; haven't seen too many guys with belly buttons pierced.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    +1 for the nipple piercings on guys. I've personally trained with two guys in judo who had their nipple piercings "removed" during sparring. Not a pretty picture.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaaaat

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    [QUOTE=Ross Davidson;248849]Haha usually not until after a good argument though

Touché..... but not ALWAYS :P

Array

School
    Hahahahaha perhaps not

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I think this is a wonderful idea. Not just a classy and visually elegant body accessory, a bellybutton piercing is also a statement of individuality and an assertion of independence. Provided that you train exclusively in 10th Planet jiujitsu (and none of those other dojos, booo) you'll be fine, as you should be aware that gripping piercings is completely legal in gi jiujitsu and is especially encouraged by the IBJJF. Sometimes it can help you while defending a kimura to grab onto it yourself, or to secure spider web, but in general it will be to your detriment. Plus, people with a less nuanced understanding of grappling rulesets will accuse you of cheating; one of the main reasons I stopped training in the gi is because people always said it was "cheap" and a "strong guy's defense" to hold on to my prince albert. In a way, I suppose they're right.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I think this is a wonderful idea. Not just a classy and visually elegant body accessory, a bellybutton piercing is also a statement of individuality and an assertion of independence. Provided that you train exclusively in 10th Planet jiujitsu (and none of those other dojos, booo) you'll be fine, as you should be aware that gripping piercings is completely legal in gi jiujitsu and is especially encouraged by the IBJJF. Sometimes it can help you while defending a kimura to grab onto it yourself, or to secure spider web, but in general it will be to your detriment. Plus, people with a less nuanced understanding of grappling rulesets will accuse you of cheating; one of the main reasons I stopped training in the gi is because people always said it was "cheap" and a "strong guy's defense" to hold on to my prince albert. In a way, I suppose they're right.
    Holy shit Amir, I almost snarfed coffee all over my laptop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast