is Electric chair illegal in ibjjf rule

Hi all maybe be it has been mentioend before but I would like to ask.
    is my be loved electric chair subbmission illegal in ibjjf rule at white belt?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    No. You can "stretch the groin/crotch" even at white belt. There is one "observation" as the rulebook puts it: there is a moment that you could turn the lockdown into a "leg reap" and for that you'll be penalized. Penalty rules regarding leg reaps have been softened so it will no longer be an automatic DQ. Go for it.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    EC, banana splits, and crotch rippers are legal. Go for it.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    there is a moment that you could turn the lockdown into a "leg reap"
    Is this what happens if you are trying to do the EC but you are too far down on the leg, like below the knee?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    So, one of my coaches went to an IBJJF rules certification seminar. He said that you could do a knee-lock two ways from the lockdown/electric chair. One is with the locked-down leg itself, torquing their knee inward - or if you're below brown, an actual straight knee lock (more likely from top). The other is you stretch them out and create a "violin" like lock on their leg that's on your shoulder. It's very blurry and will be referee dependent, although most of them know now what the electric chair submission is and the sweep. (Thanks to M3 and Eddie.)

edit: should be said that most people familiar with the EC don't get "trapped" in the knee locks. It's a panic thing. More like a "check" move than a "checkmate." They can escape it, they just don't see it.

After catching most of my fellow white belt brothers I became Mr. Illegal over night.

They have this mentality that white belt shouldn't do leg or would not attack the leg.

Most of my favorite go to moves(Twister,vaporizer, EC, toe hold) are illegal in IBJJF I decided not to compete in their Rule till I go purple belt.

Till then I will just train hard to compete on local submission only comp.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by shin80 View Post
    After catching most of my fellow white belt brothers I became Mr. Illegal over night.

They have this mentality that white belt shouldn't do leg or would not attack the leg.

Most of my favorite go to moves(Twister,vaporizer, EC, toe hold) are illegal in IBJJF I decided not to compete in their Rule till I go purple belt.

Till then I will just train hard to compete on local submission only comp.
    There is an AGF tournament in my city tomorrow. All leg attacks are legal in whitebelt nogi except heelhook.

So there are at least a few organizations with reasonable rules out there.

Thanks for letting me know.

I would attend if I was millionaire who have no cash prob.

I live in New Zealand so it be a expansive trip.
    ^__^

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    There is an AGF tournament in my city tomorrow. All leg attacks are legal in whitebelt nogi except heelhook.

So there are at least a few organizations with reasonable rules out there.
    Great in USA, in Europe we are light years of that. Even MMA is illegal in Spain.