Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reguardless why he left the gi. He has proven himself and his system on the mats. Twice... against a legend who trains in the gi.

Quote Originally Posted by bystander View Post
    Reguardless why he left the gi. He has proven himself and his system on the mats. Twice... against a legend who trains in the gi.
    What are you talking about? Lol

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    What are you talking about? Lol
    He's talking about Eddie v Royler... As if those two matches with those two particular people puts to rest this debate... sadly not the case.

It was a pretty silly subject for a thread though. As if someone was going to do a 10 page essay on how to play an "impeccable guard game". The best answers have been "train". But of course some can't resist the urge to explain how training in the gi makes your guard game better... and once that happens, it's on.

Umm, who is taking shots at Eddie? Eddie is great, stop with the hero worship, we are talking about improving your guard game and the differences between Gi and No Gi training

Fyi, I received my purple belt from Eddie

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTectonicFusion View Post
    I'm looking to get good at butterfly guard and closed guard as well as inverted guard. I know quite a few submissions and positions from those areas, but I'm wondering what is a must. What must I train everyday to achieve a great guard game so I can focus on other stuff like shopping while I play BJJ.
    Original post. I would suggest wearing just your belt and tie up your hands for EVERY roll for 1 year. At the end of one year, let me know how good your guard game is when you finally roll using your hands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234