Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield

[Spoiler] EBI 3 post-tournament thread

I will never underestimate an Irishman with a wicked red bear ever again. Nor someone from Atos. It was great to see contrasting styles - scrambles and leg attacks vs pressure and position advancement - in the early rounds. I had no idea you could finish an RNC with an opponent's hand inside. Time to have a talk with my training partners that I saw this in EBI 3 and am going to try to finish and that I'm not trying to be a dick... lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I've seen Garry on facebook talking about how if you try to defend the choke with your face, he will squeeze your face and not feel bad about it.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    KJJ
    Lil' Grace Gundrum was spectacular. So calm in the face of danger early on, and devastating later on. Disappointed Cora Sek didn't win (I'm a huge fan), but I'm sure she'll be back and even better for future EBIs. Can't wait for the next one!!

Array

School
    Grace's face once she got out of the guard and started butt scooting at that girl was priceless! So calm while in danger and focused when attacking. Jacob and Cora showed incredible skills in their matches as well. Both showed solid defense and transitions. I was seriously jealous of the skills that all six of those competitors showed.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Super impressed with all the kids matches. The kid that Jacob faced is a beast. Props to everyone

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Hopefully the can lure a marquee name for Geo: Cobrinha, a Mendes, a Caio, etc. I've only recently (past year) began looking at the leg-lock game. Looks extremely risky. I need a lot of coaching in that arena, but it's fun to watch people good at it.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Anybody know how much $$ Gary won?? Does he get the full $10k or nothing because it was OT??? P.S. the kids were amazing!!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    I've only recently (past year) began looking at the leg-lock game. Looks extremely risky. I need a lot of coaching in that arena, but it's fun to watch people good at it.
    Lets take a trip to Rochester

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I thought Boogey's beard was supposed to defend the north south choke?

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    Lets take a trip to Rochester
    Truth, Zog's leg lock game, done right, is not nearly as risky as some out there. It is real "position before submission" based that lends it self well to us older traditional BJJ looking to add leglocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast