Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mastering the System on Chromecast?

Hey Eddie first of thankyou for releasing another great MTS! Any chance you can upgrade the resolution for the next one? I love watching on Chromecast but currently the picture is really low quality when it gets blown up to TV size. Apologies if this has already been covered...

Res upgrade would be awesome! A Chromecast app would be cool too, but it's probably way too complicated to make.

If someone can understand this. maybe someone can make an MTS for Chromecast http://www.chromecasthub.com/p/developers_23.html

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Its a very good idea, even the player doesnt work too good I can not go to the minute exactly where I want to.
    Great idea modify the video player and options.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Some of us mentioned getting MTS on Roku/more compatible with Chromecast before, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Had to dig up the thread:
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...highlight=roku

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I chromecast MTS also. I'm happy to watch it as is. But, a resolution upgrade would be awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I have a private channel on Roku but as has been discussed before, MTS is not a free service. We pay to have access to those videos. So if a channel existed I would venture to guess Eddie would want to be compensated for people watching it. At the very least keep the Chromecast/Roku version in line with the free youtube release of the MTS videos (so it would be behind significantly).
    I can't speak for anybody but myself but until somebody finds a way to tie in the verification system on the forum with a chromecast/roku app I can't justify giving away a paid service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    I download the mts vids to my hard drive so I can easily play and go to the exact minute that I want to see a particular part in the vid. I also sometimes play them on my big screen tv and it looks totally fine. Does it look HD? No, but it's totally watchable. You guys pay a whopping $4.95 a month, which is a steal. That is also probably part of reason for lower res. Would you be willing to pay $25 a month just so you could have HD quality and be able to stream it on Chromecast or something similar?

Personally, I'm more than happy with the 4.95 and the quality as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    I download the mts vids to my hard drive so I can easily play and go to the exact minute that I want to see a particular part in the vid. I also sometimes play them on my big screen tv and it looks totally fine. Does it look HD? No, but it's totally watchable. You guys pay a whopping $4.95 a month, which is a steal. That is also probably part of reason for lower res. Would you be willing to pay $25 a month just so you could have HD quality and be able to stream it on Chromecast or something similar?

Personally, I'm more than happy with the 4.95 and the quality as well.
    As you know, the files are already pushing a gig at the quality they are. Imagine the file size to have a 2 hour HD quality video.
    By the way, an HTML5 wrapper using videojs and .VTT files makes watching MTS as simple as pie

Example
    Click play then click the menu at the bottom of the video player to see the magic.
    **works best on PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    I have a private channel on Roku but as has been discussed before, MTS is not a free service. We pay to have access to those videos. So if a channel existed I would venture to guess Eddie would want to be compensated for people watching it. At the very least keep the Chromecast/Roku version in line with the free youtube release of the MTS videos (so it would be behind significantly).
    I can't speak for anybody but myself but until somebody finds a way to tie in the verification system on the forum with a chromecast/roku app I can't justify giving away a paid service.
    On my chromebook, chromecasting anything just involves the equivalent of mirroring my browser window on my big screen via chromecast. So, the payment system is already totally synced up if something is pay-to-watch (as in the case of MTS).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast