Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet CM
    definitely agree with Pat. Iam going to face the situation soon enough but mostly like ill drop in at the nearby costa mesa moon to get some classes and training in. learning the system is the most important part, and staying consistant. I havent trained with Eddie yet hopefully soon but there is certain warmups that have to be learned n practiced every day at class. Usually you would have to attend a good amount of fundamental classes before you can attend Eddie's class. Just focus on attending class n have fun. Welcome

Array

School
    No Gym Yet- Southern CA Area
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rodriguez View Post
    definitely agree with Pat. Iam going to face the situation soon enough but mostly like ill drop in at the nearby costa mesa moon to get some classes and training in. learning the system is the most important part, and staying consistant. I havent trained with Eddie yet hopefully soon but there is certain warmups that have to be learned n practiced every day at class. Usually you would have to attend a good amount of fundamental classes before you can attend Eddie's class. Just focus on attending class n have fun. Welcome
    So you're able to have an HQ membership and drop into a moon once or twice a week? Maybe that's the route I should go.

Array

School
    10th Planet CM
    Yea you can, some of them offer discounts if you are a HQ member already but not all of them. I know Burbank was doing it.

Array

School
    Crazy Monkey Norge, Oslo, Norway
    Remember that Eddie teaches the advanced classes! You need to have mastered all the warmups before you can jump in, if I haven't misunderstood.

Array

School
    No Gym Yet- Southern CA Area
    You're correct. I was told it could be like 1-3 months or more before I get to attend his classes

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Has anyone actually trained with Eddie? Does he go super fast or really hammer details of what he's teaching? What's it like? I tried to research this and have seen him teaching his classes on YouTube, and it looks great. That's the main reason I would consider joining the LA gym and driving.
    If you get a pro membership here you can watch MTS and you will see exactly how Eddie teaches in his classes. The youtube versions of MTS are chopped up so the instructional parts are missing.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    So you're able to have an HQ membership and drop into a moon once or twice a week? Maybe that's the route I should go.
    If your training somewhere once or twice a week, you are basically a full member. I have a number of students at my gym that only make twice a week. If you are planning on training twice a week at a moon, join, don't just try and sneak in a bunch.

Get in somewhere and train. Take the local gym up on a free trial if they have one maybe?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Pick the nearest bjj gym, go train. Training twice a week at Gracie Barra is better than feeling like you want to get back to training kinda, agonizing about where to go, researching complicated and contradictory philosophies towards training, choosing arbitrarily based on limited information that one particular philosophy is better, second-guessing said choice, appealing to obviously biased strangers on the Internet for help, attempting to assimilate the resulting opinions into a coherent whole, throwing your hands up in frustration, experimenting with drugs, becoming addicted to Marijuana, murdering and robbing to support the habit, and then ending up on bottom in jail with no guard game.

Just do the thing. At HQ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    Pick the nearest bjj gym, go train. Training twice a week at Gracie Barra is better than feeling like you want to get back to training kinda, agonizing about where to go, researching complicated and contradictory philosophies towards training, choosing arbitrarily based on limited information that one particular philosophy is better, second-guessing said choice, appealing to obviously biased strangers on the Internet for help, attempting to assimilate the resulting opinions into a coherent whole, throwing your hands up in frustration, experimenting with drugs, becoming addicted to Marijuana, murdering and robbing to support the habit, and then ending up on bottom in jail with no guard game.

And it's Amir for the win. 45minutes isn't shit to train with the innovator of the system.nthe answer to your question can be answered with a question for you. How dedicated are you. If it's 10 minutes from you, go to Costa Mesa. Moons are synchronized. Same techniques. If it's an official 10p, the instruction is legit.
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't a guard game in jail be overrated? I figure the only technique you'd really need to master is a rolling kneebar. Imagine you're in the showers and you drop the soap and a dude comes at you from behind...donkey guard would probably be the wisest investment in this case. But if a dude got you squared up, I guess you could make an argument for rubber guard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast