Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pill count

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    the human body cannot use vitamins if it doesn't have the co-factor mineral to go along with it, and vice-versa.

So people who take ONLY vitamins will truly pee them out. We need to be ensuring that if you supplement, you are taking in products that are complete, or your body won't use them. I read about a lot of people supplementing with Vitamin D. They take a hundred million bajillion IU's a day. One of the co-factor minerals for your body to use Vit-D is Calcium. If you don;t get enough of it, your body will not use the Vit-D and it goes down the toilet.

Other people will supplement their calcium intake, but they are fearful of skin cancer so they avoid the sun at all costs and they don't supplement with a vitamin product. The body cannot use calcium without Vitamin D. People wonder why they hear about ostio-whatever, hearing about people having brittle frames even though they overload on Calcium. Oftentimes these people upwards in age and avoid the sun like vampires.

We need balance.
    You also need vitamin K, specifically K2 which can be hard to get. Some people are naturally more deficient in K2 and so an increase of calcium and vit d through supplements actually helps increase their genetic predisposition to calcified blood vessels (the increase of calcium and vit d in the body and the bodies inability to use it causes this calcification).

There is so little known about supplements. People really just need to take a strong hard look at their diet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    This is good to hear because funny enough my main source of calories is dairy. With the stupid amount of dairy I intake I'm sure I get plenty of calcium to back up all the Vitamin D. I had heard that Vitamin K helps you absorb Vitamin D before, so I make sure to get that too. Its found in sour/fermented things like soy sauce and kombucha tea. I didn't know about calcium though. I get plenty of sun also.

I should take a minute to recommend kombucha tea. Its an amazing drink with lots of health benefits and can be tailored to be pretty tasty. Its known for breaking peoples addiction to sodas as a fizzy and sweet alternative. It may or may not have Probiotic benefits depending on what you believe, but it is most definitely LOADED with amino acids. This helps you absorb a lot more protein out of your diet because protein is actually made up of amino acid chains. I brew my own and its really not hard. You can start with a store-bought bottle and pour it into some super sweet tea and let it ferment.

I originally started brewing it when I heard Urijah Faber repping it on the JRE. He actually said something like "I hate drinking water because I wish I could be drinking kombucha tea or coconut water all the time instead" I thought it was one of the most badass things I have ever heard because I am always trying to maximize calories, lol.
    Milk is terrible for your system, especially the highly processed pasteurized junk you're likely consuming (since raw milk is illegal in most states). There are plenty of studies that actually point to a reduction of calcium from milk consumption.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I drink a lot of goat's milk. Any ideas about it's value or lack thereof?
    I don't know the science but goats milk is awesome for you, depending what you feed them. Easy to make cheese and yoghurt with the extra as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Sadly they are not my goats, so I'm not really sure what they are fed. The goats milk I get comes from Whole Foods. The container looks like this:

Attachment 3343

If I could easily get raw goats milk from the farmer down the road, I would.
    They certainly have a great marketing team..

The problem is it's all pasteurized. Yours particularly is ultra-Pasteurized. After pasteurization, it's just dead milk.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Pizza and Beer, the only supplements you'll ever need...

Until you get high blood pressure and need medication
    As long as it is Chicago Style pizza..

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham/ Elements MMA
    what do you recon to that alpha brain, ive been looking into it along with the range of onnit products but wanted to know what people who took it thought

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    clomid
    pregnalone
    B-12
    PQQ
    Cognitive aminos
    ultra-nutrient
    zinc citrate
    vitamin d 10,000 IU
    glucosamine