Array

School
    Luta Livre / Paderborn Germany

Name of a Leglock Position Eddie Cummings uses

Hey ho 10th Planet Army,

just a really small question, how do you call the legposition that Eddie Cummings in this fight? You could describe it as a Kneebar position 90 degree twisted or a outside heelhook 50/50 guard. But somehow itīs hard to talk about the position if you just describe it this way, so do you got a name for it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thats DOA (Double Outside Ashi)
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    John Danaher calls everything by it's Judo name. The position that he starts from (looks like and achilles lock) is called Ashi-garami (leg entanglement), then he moves to DOA when the opponent rolls, and the a belly down type DOA if they continue to roll. Amazing how such a simple series can tear through elite level competition

Array

School
    Thanks alot. I studied a lot of tape on eddie and his highest percantage set is

sitting butterfly - single leg x (ashi garami) - tilt sweep - switch the leg to doa + heelhook

pretty nice stuff, sometimes he doesnt even sweep the opponent completly, he just switches sides and goes all in

Array

School

double outside ashi garami. I believe Eddie calls it DOA for Double Outside Ashi. If it helps you remember, Ashi Garami is the name of the basic leglock position in Judo and it means leg wrap/entanglement.