10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by apygav View Post
    You got a link Bro?
    I'm at the Decatur moon. I get my stuff live xD
    be patient. he's gonna make an instructional

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    This happened to me as a blue belt in competition. Same scenario, a strong wrestler was using pressure to fight the gogo with his hand and my knee popped. I was out for about a month and maybe another month before it felt strong. I was flat on my back and not as flexible then as I am now. It was also an incentive to work fast next time to grab my foot from behind their head and pull it to assist or work the sweep and go to something different. Also when their hand is on your foot you can grab their hand and work from there with that free leg.
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    10th planet south melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I've injured the LCL's in both knees a combined 10 times in the last 20 years, though incredibly never in rubber guard - it always happens in bizzarre situations like when I spin to take the back or in the truck or shooting for a low single. It always happens with a really loud click like somebody flopping onto an old couch. Anyway, my recovery timeline is almost exactly the same every time:
    - It pops, doesn't hurt immediately, just feels kind of fuzzy.
    - The next morning, I can't bend the leg and can't put weight on it without severe pain.
    - 2 days out I can walk and slightly bend it
    - 4 days out and I'm back to cycling and yoga
    - 1 week out, I'm doing moderate-weight (~225 for me) squats and light rolling
    - 2 weeks out, I'm doing everything 100% but not doing any risky moves with it
    - a month out, I'm doing everything 100%
    - 6 months out, I can no longer tell it's hurt

So basically, it doesn't stop me from training for very long; around 4 or 5 days. However, it still hurts and aches for about 6 months. In my experience, you don't want to just rest with it straight for more than the first day or two; after that, start moving on it.
    Cheers Amir I'm stretching going to go through some weights in the next couple of days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    haha i'll book a flight thanks man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234