Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

I don't think you get it. At sea elevation the platform clearly is cut off by 20 feet. The image is in view and doesn't matter how much more you zoom in- you will still have the same perspective. Because your perspective is only changing with elevation, not zoom level. You could zoom in all the way to the molecules of the platform and the bottom 20 feet would still be cut off.

At 35 feet elevation the pillars come fully into view. I took the time to prove to you that a video used as evidence for flat earth actually disproves it, so please show some intellectual integrity and acknowledge that flat earthers everywhere are not actually disproving curvature.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalredemption View Post
    I don't think you get it. At sea elevation the platform clearly is cut off by 20 feet. The image is in view and doesn't matter how much more you zoom in- you will still have the same perspective. Because your perspective is only changing with elevation, not zoom level. You could zoom in all the way to the molecules of the platform and the bottom 20 feet would still be cut off.

At 35 feet elevation the pillars come fully into view. I took the time to prove to you that a video used as evidence for flat earth actually disproves it, so please show some intellectual integrity and acknowledge that flat earthers everywhere are not actually disproving curvature.
    No... I don't think you get it or watched the video explaining how perspective works.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I admit I do not have a lot of time to watch FE videos and that if I have time to watch videos it is MTS or other Grappling stuff. I am always interested in hearing different opinions though. I am wondering how FE describes the video from the Red Bull Felix Baumgartner Space Dive that appears to show the curvature of the earth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0hyKr1xss

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    I admit I do not have a lot of time to watch FE videos and that if I have time to watch videos it is MTS or other Grappling stuff. I am always interested in hearing different opinions though. I am wondering how FE describes the video from the Red Bull Felix Baumgartner Space Dive that appears to show the curvature of the earth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0hyKr1xss
    It's a wide angle 'fish eye' camera lens. At one point in the complete video you can see the earth from the camera inside the capsule which shows the horizon to be flat. In the video below you can see the horizon is flat at 120,000 feet which should be high enough according to the math to see the curve. If you don't actually take the time to watch the videos and think about it then f.e. will continue to be a dumb thing that you can't believe people buy into, like I did, until I tried to debunk it.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    you can't believe people buy into, like I did, until I tried to debunk it.
    Except I already debunked it, with multiple proofs, right in this thread.

Still waiting for an explanation of day length in the southern hemisphere.

You want to post videos listening to some guy ramble on about perspective, but you don't want to consider my question of why the Sun does not appear to DOUBLE in size during the day.

You accuse me of cognitive dissonance, but you repeatedly ignore obvious proof of the invalidity of your model.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Except I already debunked it, with multiple proofs, right in this thread.

Still waiting for an explanation of day length in the southern hemisphere.

You want to post videos listening to some guy ramble on about perspective, but you don't want to consider my question of why the Sun does not appear to DOUBLE in size during the day.

You accuse me of cognitive dissonance, but you repeatedly ignore obvious proof of the invalidity of your model.
    I admit that I don't know everything about the flat earth and I don't know if anyone does. I do know one thing that can be demonstrated to be true and cannot be disproven... according to the official numbers of science and experimentation, it's flat.

Array

School
    There is no curve. It has never been detected.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    I admit that I don't know everything about the flat earth and I don't know if anyone does.
    Saying you don't know enough about it is a cop-out because the implication is that if you just knew more, you'd be able to explain a 17 hour day in the Southern Hemisphere. It's like a way of saying "I cannot refute your proof so I'll claim ignorance".

You need one of those "I want to believe" shirts, but with a disk Earth picture with the disco-ball Sun orbiting the North Pole.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    https://www.henrymakow.com/upload_im...ones%20(2).jpg

Show me a 17 hour day in Argentina on that map. You can't.

Now tell me, is that because you just "dont know enough" or it is because the model is wrong?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast