Array

School
    Extreme Martial Arts

Eddie Advice on Moving to Train in LA

Hello master Eddie Bravo,

My name is Corey Conant. A bit about me I started training Martial Arts at the Age of 9 years old in Tae Kwon Do. I became instantly addicted, and trained as a teen in WTF kukkiwon Style Tae Kwon Do. I competed heavily in my teens which led me to 3 US. National Medals, and landed me training next to Tae Kwon Do legends such as Nia Abdullah, Kay Poe, Ester Kim and many other Olympic hopefuls.

When I was 17 my parents went through a divorce, and my training instantly stopped. I stayed quite active through my life, and in my late 20s I had been doing some soul searching after working as a server/bartender for some years. I decided to get back heavily into martial Arts and dedicate my life to it. I started teaching Tae Kwon Do to kids at a local school, and decided to Give jujitsu a try. After my first roll I became instantly obsessed with jujitsu. I am currently a 2nd degree white belt with a little over a years worth of training anywhere from 2-5 hours a day 4-5 days a week.

I have since got certified by NCCPT in Personal Training, and have learned about the 10th planet Jujitsu System. There is not a 10th planet school in my area close enough to train at without moving. So I have decided to start working on making plans to move to an area where I can train at a 10th planet school. With that being said, I figure if I am going to make such a huge change in my life as to move to train at one of your schools, I figure I might as well move to LA to train at the headquarters.

I don't have a current time table as to when I would do this other than within the year is a goal if not by next year. I was looking for advise and what the cost of tuition, and if you offer any kind of volunteer work for students to lower tuition cost.What advise you would have for me with my plans to make this kind of move. I deeply desire to compete in jujitsu tournaments, and help teach Jujitsu, and Martial Arts to others.

Jujitsu Changed My Life

Thanks! Corey