Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    There was one blue belt that destroyed me and it was 215 pound Adam Sachnoff from 10th Planet San Francisco. He got me with 3 straight guillotines at hq. I am very good at defending guillotines, I rarely get caught with them, but Denny Prokopos taught him well. It was the day after he won the Nogi worlds, that dude is gonna make some serious waves in the grappling scene
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 12-16-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

^^^^ case closed?

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Ha ha ha, I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie tooted and booted that chick and then she went back on the net for some keyboard revenge, lol. I'd hit it no-gi

I have been training with Eddie for four years now and in that time I have personally witnessed Eddie walk through many a colored belt all the way up through black. Now...I am obviously not BJ Penn...but I'm a purple belt...been training eight years with basically the best guys around the globe, and can tell you that Eddie fucks me up...effortlessly...five nights a week. I could cut off Eddie's arms and legs and still get Carni'd, GoGo'd, Japanese Necktied, Imanari'd, and Sorcerer'd. It's freakin' black magic if you ask me. Juss sayin'.

to "Be" the man, you goda "Beat" the man. I have no idea what im talking about, but you still read it.... lol

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    What does "destroyed" mean? When you roll with everyone, eventually you will get tapped by somebody. It's not a big deal. Unlike some instructors who just sit on their ass while everyone else is rolling.
    now that's it right there!!

I rolled with one of my coaches once...I'm 5'10" 300lbs...well ok...310 now...damnit! Anyway...dude was like 165...guess what...he tapped me...but he had a hard ass time doing it. So what...am I a purple or brown now? Course not...anything is possible when you spar all the time with all of your students. This ain't ancient kung fu movies...there's nothing wrong with tapping. See..that's what's wrong with some schools nowadays. The instructors don't roll with their students because they're scared they'll get tapped. Everyone loses with that mentality. I don't care if I ever make blue..well okay...I would like to make blue...but after that...I wanna keep losing weight and rolling and getting better. I got tapped by 165lb guy...so I cracked my arm and locked it back up again...I'm sure a machado black belt would react the same way.
    Last edited by James Davis; 12-16-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Everyone gets tapped. It really isn't a big deal. As a JKD guy, I have no rank. I've tapped guys I shouldn't have. On the same note, Dartangan "The Sorcerer" Jackson has caught me a few times. Ramone Codrington and I ran out of time, but he def got the better of me. You can't grow if you don't lose.

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    now that's it right there!!

I rolled with one of my coaches once...I'm 5'10" 300lbs...well ok...310 now...damnit! Anyway...dude was like 165...guess what...he tapped me...but he had a hard ass time doing it. So what...am I a purple or brown now? Course not...anything is possible when you spar all the time with all of your students. This ain't ancient kung fu movies...there's nothing wrong with tapping. See..that's what's wrong with some schools nowadays. The instructors don't roll with their students because they're scared they'll get tapped. Everyone loses with that mentality. I don't care if I ever make blue..well okay...I would like to make blue...but after that...I wanna keep losing weight and rolling and getting better. I got tapped by 165lb guy...so I cracked my arm and locked it back up again...I'm sure a machado black belt would react the same way.
    I agree I weigh between 200 and 220 depending on the time of year and the weight really make a difference. I never think cause I roll with a higher belt that's 50 pounds lighter and do well I should get promoted.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    eddie is still and always will be the man!

Array

School
    bulletproof
    i agree with louis ,, if you dont ever get tapped you arent trying out new things or the timing of new things mistakes happen thats how you dont get stuck in the rut of only using your go to shit . As for the belt color i know several guys i work out with that are easily purple belts and maybe a few browns . yet they have no ranking . It is what you make of it .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast