Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm teaching a lot of military in my classes plus we've just contracted to teach on base here. I've posted before that if the moons want to increase the work ethic in their classes to reach out more to their local men and women at arms. Because 10th Planet is an ever evolving hybred I would be very interested in any modifications to the system that blends your current training and real world needs. You guys are awesome and I would love to see a formal 10th Planet military platform developed. I would be very interested in your thoughts and posts.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I spent 10years in the Army ad taught all the combatives the Army had to offer (as a check the blick thing). I made it a regular part of PT to teach them above and beyond what the Army prescribed (and yes some of it was related to 10th Planet). Keep doing what your are doing. Dont be satisfied with teaching to standard. Make sure they get what the are required to get and then take them as far as you can..good shit

K

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Iv been training with a doctor and a soldier lately. The guy whos teaching us tailors some of the class for them. Really interesting stuff. The subtle control thing for the doctors, controlling patients without harming them is really cool.

The police force at home has contacted us, as a couple of their members got a hiding recently and they dont feel their training is adequate to defend themselves. As has already been said, a short course is going to do little against a person habitually involved in violence. In their word, they wanted to "learn how to scrap". We can definitely arrange that for them, but Im sure there is better things we could be teaching them as well.

Any info or ideas you guys have would be much appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    I only have a month or so left down here with this unit. I am in an Aviation unit so when I ask to do some MMA/Combatives training I get the whole "Um..we are aviation, we don't do that." So, from time to time when I have "Sergeant's Time Training" I do some hip pocket Combatives training. I just see alot of things using my past 12+ years in two branches of the military and try to incorporate my love for MMA and 10pjj into my training. I am by no means an expert at MACP or 10pjj, I just feel that knowledge of any kind is worthless unless you share it. I would love to work with someone on developing at "Street or H2H" version of 10pjj.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Clayton with your knowledge of Combative training and my knowledge of 10th Planet I think we could definitely come up with something when you back in town in October. Great thread, very interesting.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    another class for saturdays.....10th planet combat 101..

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    Clayton with your knowledge of Combative training and my knowledge of 10th Planet I think we could definitely come up with something when you back in town in October. Great thread, very interesting.
    Totally man!!! Got my brain on overdrive right now! I will be back around the 2nd week of October.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    fig3-17.gif

This is a photo from the MACP manual showing the previously talked about guard pass. Notice the knife edged hand cutting down between the guy on bottoms leg. Now, they tell us to keep our shoulder shrugged and curl the arm around the hip and grab the pocket/belt to prevent the triangle...easier said than done when someone is yanking on your neck and hipping up. This is just one example of what I don't like to teach.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I don't know, if you really emphasize posture during the pass, it'll still be manageable without having to go against the curriculum. Yeah, I know, easier said than done when somebody is yanking on you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I don't know, if you really emphasize posture during the pass, it'll still be manageable without having to go against the curriculum. Yeah, I know, easier said than done when somebody is yanking on you.
    When I was going through MACP training, anytime someone would attempt that pass on me I would just scoot my butt out, hip into them a bit, reach up grab cross collar and break their posture. Now, when I tried that on one of the instructors (brown belt BJJ) he was much faster and more technical. Again...if I was ever in THAT situation, on my back and getting my guard passed...I would just pull my knife out and go for the neck or push away with my feet and bicycle kick like a dying cockroach.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast